ZUCCHINI FLOWERS FILLED WITH SPICY AUBERGINE CREAM
Yummy appetizer. The aubergine cream is excellent to spread on croutons or carasau bread or to dress pasta.
- 12 or 16 zucchini flowers
- For the cream
- 2 small eggplants
- 4 tablespoons ricotta
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1 pinch of red pepper
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- to taste sea salt
- For the batter
- 100 gr flour
- 1 egg
- to taste water
- Clean and wash the aubergines.
- Cut them into slices and salt them, let them drain.
- After draining them, dry or squeeze them.
- Cook the aubergine slices on the plate or grill.
- Put them in a blender with the peeled garlic, parsley, ricotta, pepper and chilli, oil.
- Salt if necessary.
- Blend everything well until you get a not too fine cream.
- At this point, clean and wash the flowers, remove the hard parts from the inside.
- Gently dry them.
- Prepare the batter with the flour, egg and water.
- Dip the cream-filled flowers, closed with a toothpick, or gently twist the tips of the flowers.
- Fry in abundant hot oil a few at a time, just golden, drain on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Salt them lightly, serve hot and crunchy.
- Once immersed in the batter, the zucchini flowers can also be baked in a non-stick pan, letting them cook until they become golden.