BAKED BEANS IN THE CROCKPOT
BAKED BEANS IN THE CROCKPOT
A crockpot is usually a cooking device that offers you convenient cooking especially for a working woman. It involves those dishes that are made by slow cooking or simmering. The slow cooker is another name for the crockpot. A Crockpot is mostly used in the regions of Canada, Australia, South Africa, and America. It basically cooks the food at low temperatures. A slow cooker or crockpot contributes to the preparation of a number of foods that require prolonged cooking.
So, in this article, we will discuss the recipe for the baked beans in the crockpot that are cooked in the crockpot. This dish usually falls in the side course of the food diary. Its place of origin is American cuisine. So, crockpot baked beans usually a combination of bacon, beans and a specific sweet and savory sauce. On this page, you will not only get the recipe of the baked beans in the crockpot but also its nutritional value.
This recipe of the baked beans in the crockpot would yield about 16 servings.
The total time required for this recipe of baked beans in the crockpot is2 hours 30 minutes including 10 minutes of preparation and 2 hours and 20 minutes of cooking.
- 16 slices of the bacon, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup of the onion, finely chopped
- 6 cans of the pork and beans weighing 15 oz. each
- 6 tablespoons of yellow mustard
- Half cup of the brown sugar, ground
- And a half cup of the molasses
- Half cup of the ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper to taste
Directions for the procedure:
- First of all, take a non-stick skillet and place it on the medium-high flame until it has got hot. Then cook the bacon in that skillet until it turns crispy.
- Then, remove the melted fat of the bacon from the pan leaving only one tablespoon of it in the skillet.
- In the same skillet cook the onions while frying for about 3 to 5 minutes until they are tender or translucent. So, season the onion with the salt and pepper.
- In the slow cooker add the beans, onions, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, molasses and the apple cider vinegar with about ¾ tablespoons of the bacon and reserve the remaining for garnishing the beans later.
- Then, stir all the ingredients to combine.
- So, cook the slow cooker for about 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low heat.
- Then, once cooked, garnish the cooked beans with the reserved bacon and enjoy.
The nutritional value of this recipe for the baked beans in the crockpot is such that per serving it provides you about 165 kcal of energy along with 18 g of carbohydrates, 3 g of proteins and 9 g of fats. So, It also provides you with 3 g of saturated fat, 15 mg of cholesterol, 1 g of fiber, 45 IU of Vitamin A, 1.1 mg of Vitamin C, 33 mg of calcium and 0.8 mg of iron.
So, in the light of the above discussion, the dish of baked beans in the crockpot is a side dish from the food course. It is usually thought to originate from American cuisine. This dish cook for several hours slowly in the slow cooker. Crockpot baked beans dish is usually a combination of bacon, beans and a specific sweet and savory sauce. The recipe of the baked beans in the crockpot must try in your kitchen. If you try this recipe of the baked beans in the crockpot at your home you will definitely end up happily. So, you will absolutely love it and enjoy it.