UNITED VEAL AND TUNA IN SAUCE
This recipe is by Jan Dahdji and belongs to the Italian National Cuisine Cookbook.
- 500 gr veal fillet
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1/2 tin of tuna in oil
- 2 chopped anchovies
- 1 egg white
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 handful of Pantelleria PGI capers
- 1/2 lt white wine
- balsamic vinegar of Modena
- 1/2 dl extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig parsley
- 2 cloves
- Put the fillet in a saucepan with the white wine, carrot, onion and cloves. Let them macerate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- After this time, remove the liquid and brown the fillet on both sides in a pan. Let it cool, add salt and pepper.
- Cut the fillet into thin slices.
- Prepare a mayonnaise with the egg whites and extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the tuna, capers, anchovies, a little white wine, the juice and grated rind of the lemon. Salt and pepper.
- Spread the fillet slices on a plate, add a pinch of salt and pepper. Decorate with the sauce, rocket, balsamic vinegar and chopped parsley.