TERRINE OF RICOTTA WITH CHESTNUTS AND SAUSAGE
I tasted this recipe in Rome in a restaurant that did not promise anything good, which then, however, surprised me. It can be safely used as a hot appetizer, or as a tasty second course perhaps after a very rich first course.
- 700 gr cow’s milk ricotta
- 10 – 15 chestnuts
- 300 gr dry Sicilian spicy sausage
- extra virgin olive oil with chilli
- First, cut the chestnuts and boil them for about an hour. So, as soon as they are lukewarm, peel them very well and chop them coarsely.
- In the meantime, cut the seasoned sausage in order to obtain about twenty chunks.
- Mash the ricotta with a fork, incorporate the chestnuts and the pieces of sausage.
- Place the mixture in ovenproof bowls or bowls and pass everything for about 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 °.
- Turn the bowls on the various plates, surrounding the ricotta with a drizzle of spicy extra virgin olive oil.