Tater Tot Hotdish Recipe
Tater Tot Hotdish Recipe
Introduction to Tater Tot Hotdish Recipe:
Tater Tot Hotdish Recipe is a casserole with a mixture of meat, starch, canned or frozen vegetables with different types of canned soup and cheese. In this mostly we use beef with the topping of Tater Tot with cream of Mushrooms soup. It originated from the upper Midwest region of the unites state. There are different versions of this hotdish with the use of wild rice or macaroni as a substitute for tater tots. It is popular in Minnesota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota. And It is a simple easy single baking dish.
It is basically American cuisine. This dish belongs to the main course dishes. This dish is best for the family functions such as a family reunion, potlucks, and church supper. In years past pasta is used as a starch source in hotdishes, but when tater tots are used as a source of carbs and local wild rice has become most popular. There is another hot dish which is known as tuna hotdish; it consists of macaroni, eggs noodles, canned tuna as a meat source, peas, and mushroom soup. In this article, we will discuss the recipe of tater tot hotdish.
Recipe (Tater Tot Hotdish Recipe)
The total time required for this recipe is 1 hour. Including 10 minutes for preparation and 50 minutes for its cooking.
This recipe of Tater Tot Hotdish would yield 8 servings. The number of servings can increase or decrease by increasing or decreasing the quantities of main ingredients.
The main ingredients of this recipe are beef, tater tots, Worcestershire sauce, sour cream, Condensed Cheddar Cheese, Cream of Mushroom or Chicken Soup, drained corn, drained green beans, shredded cheddar cheese, etc.
Required ingredients along with their measured values are:
- 32 ounces package of frozen Tater Tots
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- ½ white onion cut each into two pieces
- And ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 1 can (10 ounces) of Condensed Cheddar Cheese
- 1 can (14.5 oz) of green beans drained
- 2 cups of shredded Cheddar Cheese
Method of preparation of Tater Tot Hotdish Recipe:
Step by instructions for the preparation of Tater Tot Hotdish is:
- So, Preheat oven at 350 F0. So, Take a 9×13 inch baking dish. Grease the baking dish with non-stick spray and put it aside.
- Then, take a large skillet and warm it on high heat. Brown the beef in it with Garlic powder, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce until the beef turns brown and no longer it looks pink. So, If grease is more drained it.
- So, Take a large bowl mix the ingredients like the sour cream, Condensed Cheese Soup, Cream of Mushroom or Chicken Soup, corn, green beans, and 1 cup of shredded cheese with beef mixture.
- Then, Take a pan and spread beef and soup mixture over it. Use an even layer of tater tots for topping and now the time is to bake in preheat the oven for 50 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven when the tater tots are brown and casserole is bubbling.
- So, Now use remaining shredded cheese for topping and bake for more5 minutes until cheese melt.
- So, Now your tater tots hotdish is ready.
Per servings of Tater Tot hotdish provides you 194 cal along with 10 g of total carbs with 22% DV including 1 g of dietary fiber, 12 g of fat with 59% DV, 3 g of saturated fat, 9 g protein with 20% DV 313 mg of sodium, 28 mg of cholesterol.
In the light of the above discussion, you came to know that the hotdish is a type casserole that consists of beef or any other kind of meat, frozen or canned vegetable mix with canned soup, shredded cheddar cheese, cream of Mushrooms or chicken soup. with the topping of tater tots. So, This dish slightly seasoned by salt and black pepper. You can use ketchup and different condiments for its serving. So, There different variations of hotdish its name tuna hotdish the main ingredients used for making tuna hotdish are macaroni, egg noodles, tuna, and mushroom soup. So, This dish is the best dish for family functions like a family reunion, etc.
For More Detail about site search On Google
More Related Topics: