SURMULLETS AT LIVORNESE
Version taught to me by my partner / captain, half Livorno and half Pisan.
- 1 kg red mullet
- 500 g of ripe odors
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- to taste salt
- Desquamate and gut the mullets.
- Fry the crushed garlic in the oil in a large pan, when it is golden, pour the tomatoes into the pan with a drop of water, add salt and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Place the mullets in the pan and cook them for about ten minutes, turning them gently during cooking only once.
- Be careful during this operation because they are very delicate and flake easily!
- Before serving, sprinkle with chopped parsley.