STUFFED TOMATOES WITH PIZZAIOLA
Easy and simple and fresh and tasty at the same time!
- 8 medium sized tomatoes
- 8 slices of homemade bread
- 80 g butter
- 300 g mozzarella
- 4 tablespoons oil
- to taste parsley
- to taste basil
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 4 desalted anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- Chop the parsley together with a few basil leaves, the anchovy fillets, the garlic, the breadcrumbs and mix.
- Dice the mozzarella after having drained it and add it to the mixture and mix.
- Wash the tomatoes, dry them, cut the top cap and empty them gently and fill the bottom with the previously prepared salt and pepper mixture and sprinkle them with a drizzle of oil, finally cover each tomato with its own lid if desired.
- Arrange the tomatoes in a baking dish greased with a few tablespoons of oil and bake at 180 degrees for about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, take the slices of bread and fry them lightly in butter on both sides.
- When presenting on the table, place each tomato on top of the slice of bread.