SPELLED SALAD WITH ROCKET, TUNA AND PEPPERS
… On a crispy parmesan and pecorino wafer. The idea of this delicious edible basket came to me wandering around the net looking for yet another way to dress spelled in salads. By sorting the suggestions found and taking from one and the other the one that best suited my tastes, I prepared this salad by dishing it on the legendary edible basket, with enormous satisfaction! There was no talk of pecorino cheese… I, loving it very much, wanted to overdo it by mixing it with Parmesan. (I imagine that the basket of pecorino only, filled with broad beans when it is period, is a real show !!)
- 300 gr pearl spelled
- 1 bunch of rocket
- 3 cans of tuna of 80gr
- 2 Red peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 stick of celery
- 1/2 onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- pecorino cheese
- Cook the spelled in abundant salted water, to which celery, carrot and onion will be added, for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roast the peppers on a grill (or in the oven), then close them for a few minutes in a plastic bag before peeling them, removing the seeds and cutting them into small pieces. Season them with oil, salt, pepper, basil and the garlic clove cut in half and leave them aside to flavor.
- Clean and wash the rocket, then, in a separate bowl, season it with oil and salt.
- When the spelled is cooked, drain it well, and let it cool before adding the peppers (without the clove of garlic), the rocket and the drained and chopped tuna. Drizzle with oil, mix well and place in the fridge.
- Fully cover the surface of a non-stick pan with grated Parmesan and pecorino.
- Put on low heat and wait for the cheese to start melting. When it starts to bubble, leave it for a few more seconds, possibly lowering the heat to prevent it from burning, then try to lift a flap with a wooden spoon.
- If it has reached the right consistency (and the appearance more or less of a crepe) remove it from the heat and pass it quickly inside a cup (which will give the shape of the basket). Be careful because it cools down immediately and you have a few seconds to fix the edges.
- Allow the basket to cool completely then fill it with the spelled salad just before serving.