SMOKED SWORDFISH TARTARE ON FENNEL AND ORANGE CARPACCIO
Appetizer served to friends on the evening of January 5th to definitively close the Holidays. It is a recipe that must be prepared a few minutes before serving it, to prevent prematurely sliced fennel from turning black. I will indicate the recipe as Sicilian by virtue of its ingredients. The doses are for 6 people.
- 600 gr smoked swordfish
- 3 fennel
- 4 oranges
- 80 gr pine nuts
- to taste extra virgin olive oil
- to taste balsamic vinegar
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- Clean the fennels well and soak them in cold water.
- Wash the oranges well and set them aside.
- Once this is done, devote yourself to the swordfish reducing it into tartare with a sharp-tipped knife.
- When you have completed this operation, with the help of a mandolin, slice the already drained fennel very thinly, and arrange them in the various individual plates.
- Then, using a small diameter (4 cm) pastry ring, form a turret with the smoked swordfish tartare that you will place in the center of each individual plate.
- At this point, toast the pine nuts in a pan and pull them away as soon as they are slightly golden.
- Finally, peel the oranges and slice them quite thinly too.
- Arrange the orange slices on the fennel and next to the swordfish tartare, then season with salt, pepper and olive oil and sprinkle everything with drops of balsamic vinegar.