SMOKED SWORDFISH CARPACCIO WITH MIXED SALAD IN YOGURT CREAM
It is a very special appetizer, served in small bowls, which I tasted this summer during the dinner for the 50th anniversary of a dear friend of mine. The chef passed the recipe to me directly. I served it as a second complement to my son’s 18-year-old dinner.
- 200 gr smoked swordfish
- 150 gr whole Greek yogurt
- 1 caspo romaine lettuce
- 1/2 caspo rfadicchio
- 1 small leek
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 tsp dry chives powder
- 1 small lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 lemon for the garnish
- 6 Pachino cherry tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the vegetables well, drain them and cut them as thinly as possible. Do the same with the leek.
- Cut the pepper into small cubes. However, take care to set aside 6 lettuce leaves to garnish the bowls.
- Mix all the vegetables so that they blend well with each other and keep them aside.
- Coarsely chop a part of the smoked swordfish with a sharp knife, add it to the salad and mix again.
- Mix the Greek yogurt with the oil, the chives and the filtered lemon juice. The result must be a homogeneous cream without lumps.
- Add the cream to the mixed salad and mix so that the cream mixes well with all the other ingredients. If necessary, season with salt.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves kept aside in each of the 6 individual bowls.
- Spread the mixed salad in each one and place the slices of smoked swordfish on the salad.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and 1 Pachino tomato.
- Leave in the fridge for at least half an hour before serving.