SMOKED EEL IN SARDINIAN SALAD
It can be served both as an appetizer and as a single dish.
- 1 pack of smoked eels
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce
- 4 marinated dried tomatoes
- 3 hard -boiled eggs
- 4 artichokes in oil
- 70 – 100 gr pitted black olives
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 sprigs of wild fennel
- 3 – 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1 pinch of red pepper
- Clean, wash and slice the lettuce thinly. Leave a few whole leaves for the garnish.
- Cut the eels, dried tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs and artichokes into slices or small pieces.
- Cover a salad bowl with the whole lettuce leaves, combine all the other ingredients and refrigerate the salad.
- Just before serving, prepare an emulsion with: oil, lemon juice, 1 pinch of salt and 1 of chilli pepper. Pour it over the salad and sprinkle with chopped parsley and fennel.