Shrimp fajita is a dish that is from the Dinner course of the dishes. It has been thought to be from the Mexican origin. The United States has also been considered as the origin of this dish of the shrimp Fajita. In Mexican cuisine, this dish of the fajita takes in the form of grilled meat by having it on the top of the flour tacos or in the corn tortilla. This term of fajita usually refers to the cuts of beef that was first used in the fajita dish. Today’s version of the fajita includes a variety of meat that is mostly liked by people such as chicken, seafood, different beef cuts and also vegetables.
When the fajitas make in the restaurants, they are often cooked with the bell peppers and onions. The other famous condiments that mostly use in the preparation of the fajitas include lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, beans, and diced tomatoes. So, the main ingredients of the fajita dish include tortillas, meat, chicken, cheddar cheese, onions, and peppers. Although there are varieties of meats use in the fajita dish we would describe the recipe of the shrimp (seafood) fajita in this article along with its nutritional value.
This recipe of the chicken fajita recipe would yield about 8 servings. The servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe is 25 minutes including 10 minutes of preparation and 15 minutes of cooking.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 cups of the bell peppers of different colors, sliced
- 2 medium-size onions, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of the cumin in the ground form
- Half teaspoon of the garlic powder
- Half teaspoon of the onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of the paprika, smoked
- 4 tablespoons of the fresh cilantro in chopped form
- 2 pounds of the large size shrimps, peeled and with tails and central veins removed
- The wedges of lime, as required for garnishing
- Flour or the corn tortillas or according to your choice for topping purpose
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper as per taste
Directions for the procedure:
- So, first of all, take a large pan and place it over the high heat. Heat the oil in this pan. Once the oil heat, add the bell peppers and the onions to the pan and cook them with continuous stirring until all the vegetables are tender and properly cooked.
- After that, season the vegetables with the salt and pepper and mix the vegetables with the spatula so that the seasonings evenly distribute.
- Then take a small bowl and combine together in it the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper according to taste.
- Now add the shrimps into the pan and then pour the seasonings mixture over the shrimps and the vegetables. Then, stir the mixture to combine all ingredients.
- Cook the shrimps for about 4 to 5 minutes so that the shrimps are opaque and pink.
- Then, garnish the cooked shrimps with the cilantro and the lime wedges. Serve the shrimp fajita with the flour or corn tortillas.
- So, a delicious shrimp fajita dish is ready to enjoy.
The nutritional value of this recipe is such that per serving it provides you about 183 kcal of energy along with 8 g of carbohydrates, 24 g of proteins and 5 g of fats. It also provides you with 3 g of saturated fat, 285 mg of cholesterol, 2 g of fiber, 2750 IU of Vitamin A, 101.8 mg of Vitamin C, 179 mg of calcium and 3.2 mg of iron.
So, in the light of the above discussion shrimp fajita is a dish that is from the Dinner course of the dishes. It has been thought to be from the Mexican origin. The main ingredients of the fajita dish include tortillas, meat, chicken, cheddar cheese, onions, and peppers. Shrimp fajita must try in your kitchen. If you try this recipe of the shrimp fajita at your home you will definitely end up happily. You will absolutely love it and enjoy it.