A simple and tasty recipe that can be used both as an appetizer and as a main course. It is liked by young and old, follow all the steps to the letter and you will get an excellent result. Here’s how to prepare a delicious sardine pie.
- 800 gr sardines
- 1 kg spinach
- 1 kg of herbs
- 100 gr rice
- 6 egg
- 150 gr parmesan
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- extra virgin olive oil
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- Clean the sardines: remove the head, tail and dorsal fin. Open them in two lengthwise, free them from the central bone and from the entrails.
- Wash them, dry them and arrange the fillets obtained on a plate.Clean and wash the spinach and herbs thoroughly, chop them coarsely and put them in a pan with 2 tablespoons of water and the crushed cloves of garlic and a little salt.
- Cook until the cooking liquid is completely absorbed. Remove the garlic cloves, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the rice for about 15 minutes.
- Drain it and rinse it under running cold water. In a bowl, beat the eggs as if to prepare an omelette, add the rice, the boiled vegetables, 100 g of Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a springform pan with oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs. Fill the pan with half of the mixture, cover the entire surface with the sardine fillets, pour the rest of the mixture and level well.
- Preheat the oven at 180 ° C. Brush the entire surface of the flan with olive oil, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan mixed with 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
- Place in a hot oven and cook for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Let it cool and serve your sardine pie in slices.