It’s a digression that I tried on the subject of savory pies, the result was much appreciated, so I thought I’d share it.
- 250 gr cow’s milk ricotta
- 1 onion
- 100 gr sliced speck
- 2 egg
- 100 gr grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 100 gr seasoned caciocavallo cut into slices
- 1 bunch of chopped parsley
- 1 rectangular frozen puff pastry roll
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Clean and thinly slice the onion, sauté it in a pan over very low heat.
- In a bowl, arrange the chopped ricotta, speck and caciocavallo.
- Add the eggs, Parmesan (minus a tablespoon), parsley and warm onion. Mix thoroughly until everything is homogeneous.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a baking sheet, and pour the mixture into the center, arranged lengthwise. Close with the other edges of the dough to form a loaf.
- Brush it with two tablespoons of milk and sprinkle with the spoonful of leftover Parmesan.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 50 minutes and serve hot.