Skip to content
SALAMI AND CHEESE BRAID
- 750 gr white flour
- 300 gr smoked cheese or sweet caciocavallo
- 150 gr cooked ham
- 200 gr coppata bacon
- 1 egg
- 500 gr milk
- 50 gr extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cube of brewer’s yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- Put the flour and salt in a large bowl, make a fountain, pour the warm milk in which the yeast has been dissolved, the olive oil and mix well until you get a nice smooth and elastic dough. Place it in a warm place to rise until it has doubled in volume.
- Divide it into two parts, roll it out with a rolling pin making two equal rectangles, leaving two centimeters of dough uncovered on one side and at both ends.
- Cover the rest with the slices of the delicatessen and the cheese.
- Moisten the uncovered parts with a veil of water, roll up the dough, closing the filling inside, press the moistened parts, so that the roll remains perfectly closed.
- Place the two rolls side by side, and carefully twisting them, screw them on top of each other, squeeze the ends together, so that they form a single piece and place the braid on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Brush it with beaten egg and, in the heat, let it rise again for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C before putting it in the lower part of the oven, brush it again with the egg. It will be cooked in 45/50 minutes.
You may also like...
error: Content is protected by eFoodChef Team Thanks