Reuben Sandwich Recipe
Reuben Sandwich Recipe
Reuben Sandwich is a type of open-face sandwich that is mostly broiled. Broiling of the sandwich ingredients makes the corned beef dry and the cheese elastic or rubbery. This sandwich is a type of a grilled sandwich that is most famous in the America or United States. It usually composed of corned beef, cheese mainly Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, Russian salad dressing sandwiched between two slices of the bread in the grilled form. The Reuben sandwiches are mainly from the main course of the food and are thought to be originated from the Jewish-community.
But its authenticated place of origin is the United States. They are mostly liked to be served hot or their serving temperature is warm or medium-high. The main ingredients of this sandwich corned beef, Sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, rye bread, and Russian salad dressing. There are many variations of the Reuben Sandwich such as Montreal Reuben, Walleye Reuben, Grouper Reuben, and Rachel Sandwich, etc. in this article, the discussion will be about the recipe of the Reuben Sandwich along with the nutritional value and kitchen tips.
This recipe of about 2 servings.
The total time required for this recipe of the Reuben Sandwich dish is 25 minutes including 10 minutes of preparation and 15 minutes of cooking.
Ingredients Required for Reuben Sandwich:
The main ingredients are corned beef, Sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, rye bread, and Russian salad dressing. Their measured quantities are as follows:
- 4 slices of Rye bread or Pumpernickel
- And 4 teaspoons of butter, melted at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons of Reuben Russian dressing
- Half cup of the sauerkraut, in the fresh-style and well-drained form
- 4 ounces of Swiss cheese, thinly sliced or coarsely grated
- Half pound of the corned beef, thinly sliced
Directions for making Reuben Sandwich at Home easily:
- So, First of all, take the bread slices and butter them from the edges on one side of each slice.
- Take a cold small skillet and put the buttered slice on that skillet with the buttered side down and then prepare the sandwich further which you would grill later in the skillet.
- So, Now prepare the sandwiches. Put the Russian dressing on the up dry side of the bread slices and then followed by the sauerkraut layer that should be evenly distributed.
- Now make the layers of the cheese over the sauerkraut and then do the same for the corned beef.
- Now prepare the other slice that has to be put on the top of the sandwich by buttering on one side and applying the Russian dressing on the other and put it on the top.
- Grill the sandwich on the medium-high heat with pressing it gently from time to time until the bread turns crispy.
- Do the same with the other side of the sandwich.
- So, Delicious Reuben sandwich ready to enjoy and serve.
The nutritional value of this recipe for this dish is such that per serving it provides you about 793 kcal of energy along with 36.8 g of carbohydrates, 39.5 g of proteins and 53.1 g of fats. It also provides you with 7.6 g of saturated fat, 179 mg of cholesterol, 5.4 g of fiber, 6 % of Vitamin A, 22 % of Vitamin C, 35 % of calcium and 31 % of iron.
So, in the light of the above discussion Reuben Sandwich type of open-face sandwich that mostly broiled. Broiling of the sandwich ingredients makes the corned beef dry and the cheese elastic or rubbery. This sandwich is a type of a grilled sandwich that is most famous in the America or United States. The main ingredients are corned beef, Sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, rye bread, and Russian salad dressing. There are many variations of the Reuben Sandwich such as Montreal Reuben, Walleye Reuben, Grouper Reuben, and the Rachel Sandwich, etc. Reuben Sandwich dish recipe must try in your kitchen. If you try this recipe of the Reuben Sandwich dish at your home you will definitely end up happily. It is easy to made at home and You will absolutely love it and enjoy it.
For More Detail about site search On Google
More Related Topics: