Restaurants Guide of Italy 2016: live results
Restaurants Guide of Italy 2016: live results
Also this year the 2016 Restaurants Guide of Italy is presented in the Stazione Leopolda in Florence: here are our impressions live.
This article is published live. Update it continuously in order to know in real time all the news about the winners from the 2016 Restaurants Guide of Italy
11.01.Also this year the appointment is at the Stazione Leopolda in Florence for the presentation of the 2016 Espresso Guides : the Guida Vini d’Italia (already on newsstands for a few days and which we talked about yesterday) and the Restaurants Guide of Italy , of which we await the not yet known results. Punctual and attentive we are here, in Florence, in direct connection, to find out who managed to snatch a hat or who just a mention. And from here we will communicate it to all of you readers, hungry for food and news.
While waiting to discover the 2016 ranking, let’s try to review how reading the guide and the scores assigned to restaurants works. In the Italian Restaurants Guide the score refers only to the kitchen , it is expressed in twentieths which correspond, in the symbolic language, to 1, 2 or 3 hats. More in detail, a score from 14 to 14.5 indicates an Interesting Cuisine (but not yet worthy of a hat); with a score between 15 and 16 you get a hat , from 16.5 to 17.5 two hats and from 18 to 20 points, three hats. The Guide also recommends restaurants (without vote) or, again, restaurants belonging to international associations of quality cuisine are indicated. But today, Thursday 8 October 2016, from the Leopolda station in Florence, under the metal vaults as far as the eye can see, we are waiting to know the winners: the awarded Italian chefs and clubs with lots of hats.
11.53 am. Let’s start with the three hats , the most coveted level: Massimo Bottura is confirmed as the first who, with his Osteria Francescana (Modena) reaches 20 points: it is the first time that the Guide assigns the highest score to a restaurant.
12.05. In second place Piazza Duomo (Alba) by Enrico Crippa earns 19, 75 points. With 19, 5 points Casa Donna Reale (Castel di Sangro) by Niko Romito, Hotel Rome Cavalieri – La Pergola (Rome) by Heinz Beck and Le Calandre (Rubano).
12.15 pm Still with the three hats: at 19 points there are the Combal.Zero (Rivoli) by Davide Scabin, Uliassi by Mauro Uliassi (Senigallia), Villa Crespi (Orta San Giulio) by Antonino Cannavacciuolo and Vissani (Baschi) by Gianfranco Vissani.
12.30. With 18.5 points we find Agli Amici (Udine) by Emanuele Scarello, Antica Corona Reale from Renzo (Cervere) by Renzo and Gian Piero Vivalda, Dal Pescatore (Canneto sull’Oglio) by Nadia Santini and Duomo (Ragusa Ibla) by Ciccio Sultano .
12.40 pm. Alfonso Iaccarino of the Don Alfonso restaurant (Sant’Agata sui due Golfi) is moved to receive the lifetime achievement award.
12.48. Among the new three hats are Giancarlo Perbellini with his Casa Perbellini (Verona), Berton by Andrea Berton in Milan with 18/20. Still among the new three hats are Riccardo Camaini with his Lido 84 (Gardone Riviera), Silvio Salmoiraghi with Acquerello (Fagnano Olona).
12.50 pm. Massimo Bottura receives the best performance award.
12.53. Confirmed with 18.5 points Moreno Cedroni with his Madonnina del Pescatore (Senigallia) and Piergiorgio Parini with his Povero Diavolo (Torriana).
12.55. Francesco Sposito with his Taverna Estia (Brusciano) wins 18 points and he too is a new three hats. The Costardi brothers, awarded by Sara Peirone and Enzo Vizzari, receive the coffee of the year award.
12.57 . Valeria Piccini receives the Cook of the Year award.
13.06. The award ceremony for the Espresso Restaurants Guide of Italy 2016 ended. Many news and many certainties.
Two hats restaurants – 17.5
- At the wine shop, Canale (CN)
- Antica Osteria Cera, Campagna Lupia (VE)
- Barcali, Massa Marittima (GR)
- Don Alfonso 1890, Sant’Agata sui due Golfi (NA)
- Granccaffè & Quadri restaurant, Venice
- Hisa Franko, Gorizia
- Hotel Palazzo Avino – Rossellinis, Ravello (SA)
- The Place of Aimo and Nadia, Milan
- Il Pagliaccio, Rome
- Ilario Vinciguerra Restaurant, Gallarate (VA)
- La Ciau del Tornavento, Treiso (CN)
- Miramonti l’Altro, Concesio (BS)
- Paolo and Barbara, San Remo (IM)
- Quattro Passi, Massa Lubrense (NA)
- S’Apposentu of Casa Puddu, Siddi (VS)
- San Domenico, Imola (BO)
- Taverno of the Captain, Massa Lubrense (NA)
Two hats restaurants – 17
- Altran, Ruda (UD)
- Antica Osteria del Teatro, Piacenza
- Arnolfo, Colle di Val d’Elsa (SI)
- Casino, Montemarano (GR)
- Casa Vicina, Turin
- D’O, Cornaredo (MI)
- Dolce Stil Novo at the Royal Palace, Venaria Reale (TO)
- El Coq, Marano Vicentino (VI)
- Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni – Mistral, Bellagio (CO)
- Guido in the Royal Villa, Serralunga d’Alba (CN)
- Hotel Capri Palace – L’Olivo, Capri (Island of), (NA)
- Hotel Castel Ternekerstube, Tyrol (BZ)
- Hotel Cinzia – Christian and Manuel, Vercelli
- Il Sanlorenzo, Rome
- Imàgo at the Hassler, Rome
- Joia, Milan
- Kupperlain Castebello Clardes – Kastebell Tschars (BZ)
- La Caravella, Amalfi (SA)
- La Pineta, Bibbona (LI)
- La Tana Gourmet, Asiago (VI)
- Locanda Don Serafino, Ragusa
- Massimo Camia Restaurant, La Morra (CN)
- Oasis Antichi Sapori, Vallesaccarda (AV)
- Osteria della Brughiera, Villa di Almè (BG)
- Pri Lojzetu, Gorizia
- Relais San Maurizio – Gudio da Costigliole, Santo Stefano Belbo (CN)
- Ridotto, Venice
- Perbellini restaurant, Isola Rizza (VR)
- San Domenico Palace Hotel – Principe Cerami, Taormina (ME)
- Spinechile Resort, Schio (VI)
- Trattoria Zappatori, Pinerolo (TO)
- Villa Feltrinelli, Gargnano (BS)
- Zur Rose, Eppan on the Appan Wine Route in Weinstraße (BZ)
Restaurants two hats – 16.5
- At the preview, Chiuduno (BG)
- Al Sorriso, Soriso (NO)
- Antonello Colonna, Rome
- Antonio Abbruzzino Local Haute Cuisine, Catanzaro
- Aqua Crua, Barbarano Vicentino (VI)
- Atman at Villa Rospiglioli, Lamporecchio (PT)
- Auener Hof, Sarentino – Sarntal (BZ)
- Casin del Gamba, Altissimo (VI)
- Dolada, Pieve d’Alpago (BL)
- El Molin, Cavalese (TN)
- Gambero, Calvisano (BS)
- Hotel Aldrovandi Villa Borghese Oliver Glowig, Rome
- Hotel Gardena – Anna Stben, Ortisei (BZ)
- Hotel Villa Trieste – Aga, San Vito di Caldore (BL)
- Krèsios, Telese Terme (BN)
- The Ostelliere – La Gallina, Gavi (AL)
- The Flag, Civitella Casanova (PE)
- Le Giare, Montiano (FC)
- Locanda Margon, Trento
- Locanda San Lorenzo, Puos d’Alpago (BL)
- Marconi, Sasso Marconi (BO)
- Ma.Ri.Na, Olgiate Olana (VA)
- Santa Rosa HOtel Monastery, Conca dei Marini (SA)
- Pipero al Rex, Rome
- Angelo Sabatelli Restaurant, Monopoli (BA)
- Piccolo Principe Restaurant – Grand Hotel Piccolo Principe di Piemonte, Viareggio (LU)
- Romano, Viareggio (LU)
- Sadler, Milan
- Sport Hotel Alpina – Cantinone, Madesimo (SO)
- South, Quarto (NA)
- Villa Maiella, Guardiagrele (CH)
- Wicky’s Wicusine Seafood, Milan
- Winter Garden by Caino of the Hotel St. Regis, Florence