Recipe for brownies from scratch | Recipe for brownies
Recipe for brownies from scratch
Introduction to recipe for brownies
Brownie is usually a baked chocolate dessert having a square shape. Here in this article, I will show recipe for brownies from scratch, brownies may include nuts, frosting, chocolate chips, cream cheese, and other ingredients. Brownie may also include the vanilla instead of chocolate in the batter such type of brownie is known as blonde brownie or blondie. Brownies are usually the sheet form cake that may be fudgy or cakey depending upon the density.
History of the recipe for brownies
The origin of the brownie is the United States. It developed in the last of the 19th century and became popular at the start of the 20th century in the United States and Canada. Brownies usually eat with the hand. It is usually taken with milk or maybe served warm with ice cream and whipped cream at the top. And It may also be taken with powdered sugar sprinkled on it and fudge. It is also equally popular on the north side of America. In this article, the discussion will be about the recipe for chocolate brownies along with their nutritional value. You will learn recipe for brownies from scratch.
Recipe for brownies from scratch
To make recipe for brownies from scratch. The main ingredients of brownies are usually flour, butter, eggs, chocolate, cocoa powder, and sugar. The ingredients for the brownies including these main ingredients and others with their measured quantities are as follows:
- 6 ounces of bittersweet chocolate in the chopped form
- 3 ½ tablespoons of unsalted butter placed at room temperature
- 1 cup of the sugar in the granulated form
- ¾ cup of water
- 2 large eggs placed at room temperature
- 1 ½ cup of walnuts in the toasted and chopped form
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoons of salt
- 6 ounces of the chocolate that is semi-sweet in taste. Take it chilled and in the chopped form
- About 1 ½ tablespoon of confectioner’s sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate sauce
- For garnishing, also keep the red fruits e.g cherries and candies on a side, optional (if you want)
Directions for the procedure: recipe for brownies from scratch
The following are the directions and steps to making the chocolate brownies: recipe for brownies from scratch.
- First of all, preheat the oven up to 325 degrees.
- Take a 9 by 13 inches baking dish or pan and grease it lightly with butter and also flour the pan and in this way prepare it. Place it on aside.
- Take a saucepan that is heavy and has a medium size. In it, mix the butter and the bittersweet chocolate together. Now place the granulated sugar and the water in the saucepan and put the saucepan on medium heat. Stir the mixture with the wooden spoon to dissolve the sugar. Cook and stir the chocolate constantly with the same wooden spoon and wait till the chocolate has been melted and the mixture is properly blended. Do it for about 4 minutes and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Now, add the eggs to the chocolate and beat constantly. Add the nuts into the batter and blend. Also, add the flour and salt into it so that it is incorporated completely.
Some other Important Steps to make the recipe
- After that, stir the batter with cold semi-sweet chocolate till it is finely mixed with it.
- Pour down the prepared batter into the already prepared baking dish with the help of a scapula and scrape the whole mixture into the dish. Then place the baking dish in the preheated oven.
- Bake until the edges of the cake begin to pull away from the sides of the baking dish and the cake tester comes out clean without any crumbs but it may have some of the chocolate adhered to it.
- Now, remove the dish from the oven and place it on a wire rack before cutting the cake into the squares for about 10 minutes.
- Before serving, hold a small and fine-meshed sieve over the brownies and then sprinkle the confectioner’s sugar on them through the sieve by tapping the side of it.
- Serve the delicious brownies topped with either vanilla ice-cream, chocolate sauce or red berries if you wish.
Servings: recipe for brownies
The serving size of this recipe is about 18 servings.
Nutritional value of recipe for brownies
The energy provision for each 100 g of the chocolate brownies is about 405 kcal with 26% fat, 5% cholesterol, 11% sodium and 4.75 g of proteins. It also provides you with calcium, iron, potassium, and vitamin C. This is how the recipe for brownies from scratch you can make and will get the vitamins.