RAW TOMATO WEDGES WITH BOTTARGA
I tried this dish at a friend’s house: very particular and unusual, ideal both as an appetizer and as a side dish for a second course of roasted fish. These are tomato wedges marinated with mint leaves and served with thin slices of bottarga.
- 1 kg large tomatoes
- 100 gr tuna bottarga
- fresh mint
- extra virgin olive oil
- Carve a cross on each tomato and blanch them for a few seconds in lightly salted boiling water.
- Peel them, remove the seeds and cut them into rather large wedges.
- Arrange them in a bowl and flavor them with a pinch of salt, a drizzle of oil and mint leaves. Leave them to marinate for at least an hour.
- Thinly slice the bottarga and add it to the marinated tomato.
- Season with salt and serve.