RABBIT WITH CHERRIES AND PORT
Great, a little laborious but worth it!
- 1 rabbit cut into pieces (except the head)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- to taste salt
- to taste chili Peppers
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 500 gr cherries
- 2 port glasses
- 1/2 orange (zest)
- 1/2 liter broth (cube)
- Immerse the rabbit in a basin of water for half an hour with 2 bay leaves and the vinegar to remove the hint of wild.
- Dry the rabbit, dabbing it with kitchen paper, and wash the cherries carefully and then put them in a saucepan together with the port.
- Cook the cherries for 10 minutes, with a slotted spoon transport them to a plate. Let them cool and pit them. Put them back in the saucepan together with the grated orange zest and consume until you get the sauce.
- In a large saucepan, brown the rabbit with the olive oil, taking care to turn it on each side with the help of tongs.
- Prepare a broth with the cube or a vegetable broth and pour it into the saucepan when the rabbit is well browned.
- Cook with lid and moderate heat for 1 hour. At the end of cooking, add salt, pepper and cherry syrup. Your cherry rabbit is ready to be served on the table.