PEPPERS STUFFED WITH SHEEP’S MILK RICOTTA
Traditional Hungarian recipe. In my opinion, also feasible in Italy, however, with some variations. For example, here in Hungary yellow-green peppers are not very fleshy and have an elongated cone shape. The taste is also slightly different… a little less sweet and tending to spicy. Sheep ricotta is slightly salty and slightly spicy!
- 4 peppers
- 250 gr spicy and salty sheep ricotta
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 chopped red onion
- some cumin seeds
- Remove the stem from the peppers and empty them of seeds and miscellaneous (without breaking them)
- Apart from preparing the filling by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Fill the peppers and place them in the freezer for an hour; when they are slightly hardened, take them out of the fridge and cut them into slices about half a centimeter thick. Serve cold.