NONNA LINA’S PETTOLE RECIPE
Grandma Lina is my mother-in-law, who is in the kitchen as Pele is in football… you do a little! To her I owe this Recipe of Pettole, small pasta fritters that in Puglia are used to prepare in the ‘lean’ lunch for the feast of the Immaculate Conception .
They are very good white or stuffed with anchovy pieces. Get to work and you will understand why in Puglia, at least once a year, we can’t help but prepare the Pettole: a simple recipe to make, which gives great satisfaction!
- 300 gr flour
- 1 cube of fresh brewer’s yeast , dissolved in 1/2 glass of typical water
- 2 tsp salt
- to taste anchovies in oil
- to taste water
- Mix all the ingredients until you get a creamy dough.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and let it rise for no less than an hour.
- Fry in plenty of extra virgin olive oil, taking the mixture with a spoon.
- You can stuff them by adding pieces of anchovy to taste.
- Eat them very hot.