MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH
MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH
INTRODUCTION to Monte Cristo Sandwich
Monte Cristo Sandwich is a modern version of the French toasted ham and cheese. In the thirties to the sixties of the twentieth century, the recipe books of America had this recipe by the name of the French sandwich. By 1966 the sandwich appeared in the recipe book of the blue bayou and Tahitian terrace restaurants. It’s a savory sandwich of ham and cheese used as a delish in lunch, mostly serving is enhanced by the addition of a tossed salad. Regional variation may bring up some changing in the consistency of recipe, for example, the addition of turkey. It may be served batter-dipped or deep-fried. The sandwich is garnished by the dusting of powdered sugar, maple syrup and may be preserved.
RECIPE of Monte Cristo Sandwich
THE sandwich is covered with the sugar dust and it is served with the maple syrup and preservatives that enhance its taste of delish. This recipe of Monte Cristo yields 2 sandwiches for two persons.
The preparatory phase ends with 5minutes. Cooking takes about 15 minutes. So collectively we can make monte Cristo sandwich in just 20-22 minutes,
INGREDIENTS required for Monte Cristo Sandwich
The most silent feature of this sandwich is that it just requires simple raw ingredients and you can grab them from any local store for its preparation. The list includes white bread mayonnaise, prepared mustard, cooked/boiled ham, cooked turkey meat, cheese slices, eggs, milk, and some sauces according to the taste you want.
- six slices of white bread
- our tablespoon of mayonnaise
- two tablespoons of mustard (you can also add your favorite sauces)
- four slices of cooked ham
- And four slices of cooked turkey meat
- Four slices of swiss cheese
- Four egg
- Half cup of milk
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- The art of making a perfect recipe is directly related to the method of making, ingredients used and duration of cooking especially. So, Directions to the preparation of the recipe are given below:
- 1) You can take 2 or three slices of the sandwich. So first just take two slices of white bread and place mayonnaise on them.
- 2)So, Now take slices of ham and turkey and stack them over each other, pressed them down so closely by the aid of a heavy pan.
- 3) Then, take the second slice and stack it over the meat slices used and then you can also add a third slice with a slice of cheese over it over the 2nd slice of sandwich.
- 4)Now whisk egg-milk salt and pepper together and dip the sandwich into them carefully so the whole sandwich to get a homogenous coating of mixture battered.
- 5)Then, gently put out the sandwich from the mixture and transfer it into the frying pan. Fry gently the sides of the sandwich.
- 6)Cook it for 4-6 minutes, keep flipping the sandwich so it is cooked smoothly.
- 7) You can also dip the sandwich into fry oil at a moderate temperature.
- 8) Fry the sandwich till a brown crispy texture appears. So, The main part lies in the fact that the cheese must be melted completely and bread is well brown.
- 9) So, Now bring out the slice from the frying pan and place it over the oil-absorbing tissue in the dish.
- 10) Then, you can add extensions to raise the taste of the sandwich. Dust the sandwich with the sugar powder to relish the taste. You can serve it with strawberry jam also.
- Hurrah! the monte Cristo sandwich is ready to replenish your hunger.
The most judging factor behind a delicacy not only its taste but also nutritional values and facts of monte Cristo sandwich given below:
Calories: 1167, Fat: 82g, Saturated fat: 35g, Cholesterol: 510mg, Sodium: 1760mg, Potassium: 568 mg, Carbohydrates: 52g, Fibre: 2g, Sugar: 16g,Protein: 54g, Vitamin A: 1755%, Calcium: 786%, Iron: 5.1%
So that was the complete description, preparation along with directions to make a Monte Cristo sandwich. It really easy to make, just simple ingredients required to make it that easily available at any superstore. It is a good serving for the children after school or for an office man after a hectic work. Along with the taste it has also a significant nutritional value.
For More Detail about site search On Google
More Related Topics: