Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cake Recipe
Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cake Recipe
Introduction to Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cake:
Maryland Jumbo Lump crab cake is a recipe that is found to be most famous in the United States of America. It is a variation of the fishcake using the crab meat and many other ingredients. The ingredients used in this crab cake dish other than the crab meat include bread crumbs, mayonnaise, mustard or mustard powder, eggs and seasonings or spices. The dish of the Maryland crab cake is thought to be originated or belonged to the region of the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland or Virginia states.
This dish is found to be the priority in the regions near to the ocean or near the seashore. In this dish, the meat of any crab can be used but the preferred one is of the blue crabs mainly belonging to the Chesapeake Bay, the origin of the Maryland Crab cakes. There are several ways through which the crab cakes cooked e.g they baked, sautéed, grilled, deep-fried, or broiled. But this article involves the baking of the crab cakes. This article discusses the recipe or the Maryland Crab Cake along with the nutritional value.
RECIPE of MAryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cake
This recipe of the Maryland crab cake recipe would yield about 12 servings or 12 crab cakes.
The total time required for this recipe of Maryland crab cake dish is 55 minutes including 40 minutes of preparation and 15 minutes of cooking.
Ingredients required to make Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cake Recipe:
- 2 large eggs
- Half cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 teaspoons of mustard powder
- 4 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 pounds of fresh crab meat
- 1 1/3 cups of bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
Directions for the procedure:
- So, First of all, in a bowl whisk together the eggs, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, parsley, mayonnaise, old bay, lemon juice, and salt. Then put the crab meat on the top and then top the meat with the bread crumbs. With the help of a spatula, mix or fold the crab meat with the mixture.
- Then, Cover the mixture tightly and cover it with a plastic sheet. After that, refrigerate it for about 30 minutes of one day.
- Preheat the oven up to 232 degrees C. Prepare a baking dish by placing in it the silicone baking mat or the parchment paper. Before placing the paper, grease it with the cooking spray or the butter or oil.
- So, With the help of a cup that is measuring half of the cup, make about 12 mounds of the crab meat mixture and place it in the baking sheet with the help of your hands.
- Then with the help of spatula or spoon, mildly press each individual mound so there are no lumps or any material coming out.
- So, Once all the mounds are set, brush them on the top with the melted butter for better and enhanced flavor.
- Then, Bake them in the oven for about 12 to 14 minutes or until crispy golden. Then squeeze on them the lemon juice and serve them warm.
- Eat and enjoy with any type of your favorite sauce or gravy.
The nutritional value of this recipe for the Maryland crab cake recipe is such that per serving it provides you about 106 kcal of energy along with 0.42 g of carbohydrates, 14 g of proteins and 5.03 g of fats. It also provides you with 0.96 g of saturated fat, 95 mg of cholesterol, 1 g of fiber, 147 IU of Vitamin A, 1.9 mg of Vitamin C, 72 mg of calcium and 0.73 mg of iron.
So, in light of the above discussion, Maryland crab cake is a recipe that is found to be most famous in the United States of America. It is a variation of the fishcake using the crab meat and many other ingredients. Maryland crab cake recipe must try in your kitchen. If you try this recipe of the Maryland crab cake recipe at your home you will definitely end up happily. You will absolutely love it and enjoy it.
For More Detail about site search On Google
More Related Topics: