MARINATED ANCHOVIES THE WAY I LIKE THEM
Before getting to work on the preparation of Marinated Anchovies , let’s not forget a very important step: blast chilling. The absence of cooking, in fact, can be risky due to the possible presence of pathogens and parasites in food, such as anisakis , among the most dangerous. Instructions on how to blast fish correctly can be found in our article on how to choose fish for sushi ; if you want some advice on how to choose fish to eat raw, take a look at the article on raw food !
And now let’s get to work with our marinated anchovies.
- 1 kg fresh anchovies
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 lemon
- 5 dl dry white wine
- 4 dl white vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 sage leaves
- 30 gr salt
- Prepare the marinade by boiling the chopped onion, cloves, bay leaf, sage and salt in the mixed wine and vinegar for 3 minutes.
- Aside, while the marinade cools, remove the head and the bones from the anchovies, opening them like a book.
- Wash them under running water, dry them and let them rest in the fridge covered with the marinade for 1 day.
- Before serving, drain the anchovies and arrange them on a serving dish, cover with oil, sprinkle with chopped parsley and garlic and garnish with lemon slices.