Indian fry bread Recipe
Indian fry bread Recipe
Indian fry bread is very famous in the western United States or America. It is usually from the American cuisine but is named as Indian fry bread due to its Indian style cooking method. So, It is considered a beloved traditional feast there. It is usually flatbread dough fried in oil or sometimes also deep-fried. It mostly likes toppings such as honey, jam, powdered sugar, venison or beef. In this article, the discussion will be about the recipe for the Indian fry bread along with its nutritional value, kitchen instructions, and magic tips.
This recipe of the Indian fry bread would yield about 24 servings or 24 fry bread. The number of servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe of Indian fry bread recipe is 2 hours and 45 minutes including 2 hours 15 minutes of preparation and 30 minutes of cooking.
- 8 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3 tablespoons of baking powder
- 3 or more cups of water
- 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Vegetable oil for frying
Directions for the procedure:
The directions or instructions for the preparation of the Indian fry bread along with the kitchen instructions and magic tips are as follows:
- So, Take a large mixing bowl and mix in it the flour, salt, and baking powder. Then add the water slowly into the bowl mixing the mixture with the help of a spoon and knead.
- So, Cover the kneaded flour with a lid and let it rest for about 2 hours. It is not raising dough so it will not rise but it needs to sit and rest.
- Put the olive oil on the dough and then make the balls from that dough and roll out the balls until they are very thin flatbread form.
- Then, Take a pan and cover it with two inches of the oil and heat it up to about 350.
- Fry the bread in the heated oil until it is golden brown cooking from both sides. Transfer the fried bread to a plate having a paper towel.
- Delicious Indian fry bread is ready to enjoy.
The nutritional value of this recipe for the Indian fry bread is such that per serving it provides you about 183 kcal of energy along with 32 g of carbohydrates, 4 g of proteins and 3 g of fats. It also provides you with 2 g of saturated fat, 280 mg of cholesterol, 1 g of fiber, 71 mg of calcium and 2.1 mg of iron.
So, in the light of the above discussion Indian fry bread very famous in the western United States or America. It usually from the American cuisine but name Indian fry bread due to its Indian style cooking method. It considers a beloved traditional feast there. Indian fry bread recipe must try in your kitchen. If you try this recipe of the Indian fry bread at your home you will definitely end up happily. You will absolutely love it and enjoy it.