How to make turkey meatballs
How to make turkey meatballs
Turkey meatball is a protein-rich diet as the major portion of it is meat. The meatballs are made up of the ground meat that is rolled into small balls and mixed with other ingredients, flavors, and condiments such as bread crumbs, minced onion, eggs, butter, and seasonings. Meatballs are often cooked by frying baking, steaming or by simmering in the gravy or sauce. Turkey meatball is a dish from American cuisine. So, the different types of meatballs vary depending upon the type of the meat used e.g beef meatballs, fish balls, mutton balls, chicken balls or turkey balls. So, In this article we will discuss the recipe of the turkey meatballs along with the nutritional value of it.
The total time required for this recipe is 35 minutes including the 15 minutes of preparation and 20 minutes of cooking.
This recipe of turkey meatballs will yield about 14 servings. So, the servings can be increased or decreased by managing the ingredients in that way.
- 4 pounds of the ground turkey that is about 93% lean
- 2 cups of the bread crumbs
- 1 1/3 cup of finely chopped or minced onions
- 1 cup of the fresh parsley leaves, mined
- 4 large eggs
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons of the Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of the dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of the dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper (ground), according to your taste
- Half cup of the olive oil
Directions for the procedure:
The recipe instructions are:
Making the meatballs
- First of all, take a large bowl and combine in it the turkey ground meat, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, egg, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Either with the help of your hands or the spatula, mix the above ingredients well. With the help of your hands, shape the mixture into the 2 inch thick round balls that should be around 48.
Baking the meatballs
- Then preheat the oven up to 400 degrees. Take a baking tray and line it with the help of a foil for the easy cleanup.
- Then, sprinkle the non-stick spray on the wire rack and set it on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the meatballs with the oil and arrange them on the wire rack. Bake the meatballs until crispy brown for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Frying the meatball
- If you want to fry then take a large skillet and heat up the oil in it over the medium-high heat.
- Then, fry the meatballs on the skillet in the form of batches for about 5 to 7 minutes per batch. Cook the balls until crispy brown.
The nutritional value of these turkey meatballs is such that per serving it provides you about 283 kcal of energy along with the 12.2 g of fat, 13.4 g of carbohydrates and 29.7 g of protein.
So, in the light of the above discussion meatballs have different origin but the main from the Shandong (Chinese) cuisine as meatballs but the specifical turkey meatballs are from American cuisine. The meatballs variety differs depending on the type of meat used. So, turkey meatballs are healthy and very moist inside. So, This recipe of turkey meatballs will really give you a great taste and a pleasant experience.