How to make tuna casserole
How to make tuna casserole
Tuna casserole is a main dish from the Dinner course. It is named so because of the pot or vessel used to serve the cooked chicken. The word casserole is mainly used for the deep pan used in the oven or the large serving vessel. So, The word casserole is used for all foods served in such type of pan or vessel. So, this recipe or dish is famous with the name of tuna casserole. The dish tuna casserole is from American cuisine. So, This recipe of the tuna casserole is creamy and tasty with tuna, onions, celery, and mushrooms along with a special sauce and cheese. So, This article will discuss the recipe of the tuna casserole along with its nutritional value.
This recipe of the tuna casserole would yield about 12 servings of the dish. So, the servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe is about 33 minutes including the 15 minutes of preparation and 18 minutes of cooking.
- 6 cups of the egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 1/3 cup of the frozen peas, thawed or defrosted
- 2 cans of tuna, each weighing 5 to 6 oz. drained
- 21 oz. of the condensed mushrooms soup
- ½ cup of the milk
- 2 cups of the cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of the parsley
For crumbs topping
- 1 cup of the bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of the butter, melted
- 1 cup of the cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
Directions for the procedure:
- First of all, preheat the oven up to 425. Mix the topping ingredients in a bowl and keep on aside.
- Boil the noodles until they are al dente and then rinse with cold water after draining them.
- Fry the onions and the celery in the butter for about 5 to 7 minutes or until they are tender.
- Then in a large bowl, mix the noodles, onion mixture, peas, soup, milk, cheese, tuna, and parsley. So, now, Mix all these ingredients well.
- Then, spread the mixture in a casserole dish and place the crumbs mixture topping on its top.
- Bake it for about 18 to 20 minutes or until the casserole starts to bubble.
- So, tasty tuna casserole is ready to enjoy and serve.
The nutritional value of this recipe is such that per serving it provides you about 323 kcal of energy along with the 15 g of fat, 19 g of protein and the 25 g of carbohydrates.
So, in a nutshell, tuna casserole is the American cuisine dish that is served in a large serving vessel known as the casserole. It is rich in flavor, creamy and is super tasty. This article recipe for the tuna casserole has a splendid taste and you will definitely love it when you would have it in your kitchen.