How to make Tater Tot casserole
How to make Tater Tot casserole
Tater tot casserole is a dish that is mainly using crispy potatoes as the main ingredient. The word tater means potatoes and the tater tots become the potato snacks. Tater tot casserole is a main dish from the Dinner course. It is named so because of the pot or vessel used to serve the delicious tater tots. The word casserole is mainly used for the deep pan used in the oven or the large serving vessel. The word casserole represents all foods served in such type of pan or vessel. That’s why this recipe name is tater tot casserole as the tater tots served in the serving vessel. It is a dish from American cuisine. So, This article will discuss the recipe of the tater tot casserole including the kitchen instructions and the nutritional value.
The total time required for this recipe is about 45 minutes including the 10 minutes of preparation and 35 minutes of cooking.
This recipe of the tater tot casserole would yield about 12 servings of the dish. The servings can be increased or decreased by managing the ingredients in that way.
- Half pounds of the leaned ground beef
- ¼ of the onion diced
- 1 clove of the garlic, minced form
- Half tablespoon of the Worcestershire sauce
- About 8 oz of the green beans, if using canned beans then drain the water off
- 45 oz of the condensed cream of the mushroom soup
- 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese
- one cup of tater tots (frozen)
- Salt and pepper as per taste
Directions for the procedure:
- First of all, preheat the oven up to 375.
- Take a baking dish of about 8 to 9 inches and then grease it with the help of the cooking spray and place it on aside.
- Take a large skillet and brown on it the ground beef over medium-high flame until cooked and remove the excess of fat.
- Put the onions on the skillet and saute them for about 4 to 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and fry for a minute more with often stirring.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and the salt and pepper into the cooking mixture and stir while cooking.
- Then, transfer the cooked ground beef to the prepared baking dish and distribute evenly.
- Then make a layer of the cream of mushroom soup just above the beef followed by the green beans and then by the cheddar cheese. Remember to season the green bean layer.
- In the end, top with the frozen tater tots and bake it for about 35 to 40 minutes in the oven until the tater tots are crispy brown or the cheese gets melting.
- So, Delicious tater tots casserole is ready to serve. Serve it hot
The nutritional value of this recipe of the tater tot casserole is such that per serving it provides you about 420 kcal of energy along with the 25 g of fat, 29 g of protein and the 20 g of carbohydrates.
So, in the light of the above discussion, tater tot casserole is the American cuisine dish that is served in a large serving vessel known as the casserole. It is rich in flavor and gives a decadent taste and mouthwatering appearance. This article recipe for the tater tot casserole tastes great and you will definitely enjoy it when you would try it in your kitchen.