How to make Taco pasta
How to make Taco pasta
Taco is primarily Mexican cuisine. Taco basically is consisted of tortilla bread with a variety of fillings. For filling of tortilla different ingredients like beef, chicken, seafood, vegetables and cheese are used. Taco is a type of finger food. For garnishing purpose of taco variety of seasonings like salsa, or sour cream and vegetables like lettuce, onion, tomatoes, and chilies are useful. Taco is Mexican street food. Taco is eaten in different corners of the world in different ways.
There are different varieties of tacos like Hard- shell taco, Soft-shell taco, Indian taco, the puffy taco, taco kits, and sapodillas. We all love pasta. Its creamy, savory taste of pasta acts as an appetizer for kids as well as for adults. Pasta is simple and easy to cook recipes. Here I am discussing the amazing cocktail of taco and pasta. Pasta with taco seasonings is the best option for dinner. Taco pasta is a unique combo of pasta and taco fillings. In this article, we will discuss the recipe of taco pasta along with step by step kitchen instructions and nutritional values.
This recipe of taco pasta will provide you 4 servings of food. You can increase or decrease the no of servings by varying the number of ingredients accordingly.
The total time required for this recipe is 20 minutes including 5 minutes for preparation of food and 15 minutes for cooking purposes.
There are different varieties of ingredients you can use for topping and garnishing pasta. The main ingredients for taco pasta are no doubt pasta, (minced) beef and plenty of cheese.
Different ingredients for cooking of taco pasta along with their measured values are given below:
- 8 ounces rotini pasta or any other pasta
- 1 teaspoon of any vegetable oil
- 1 pound minced beef
- ½ cup of grounded onion
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ¾ cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 can of 14 ounce petite diced tomatoes (drained)
Direction for preparation and cooking:
The step by step instructions for the preparation and cooking of taco pasta are:
- Take a kettle. Boil water and add salt in it. Then, add the pasta in the boiled water and cook pasta according to the directions on the package. Then, save 1/4th cup of the cooking water for further use.
- So, now, meanwhile, pasta is cooking. Then, take a skillet to add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil on it. So, Heat oil on medium-high heat. Then add ground beef in it and cook until brown.
- Add the onion in grounded beef and allow it to cook for further 4 to 5 minutes until onion becomes soft and beef brown.
- So, now the time is to add the taco seasoning and tomatoes in it and mixed them well with beef.
- Then, add cooked pasta in the pan, then and stir it with the mixture at low heat.
- Then, add cheddar cheese, sour cream, and cream cheese to the pan. So, melt the cheese with constant stirring.
- If you want to thin the sauce you can add reserved pasta water according to desired consistency.
- Now garnishing time use tomatoes and cilantro for garnishing.
- You can add extra taco toppings if you want.
- And serve it warm
Per servings of taco pasta provides you 571 kcal including 46g of carbohydrates, 39g of protein, 25g of total fat which is distributed into 19g of saturated fat and 141mg of cholesterol,486mg of sodium, 642mg of potassium, 2g of fiber, 4g of sugar,1075IU of Vit A,3.8mg of Vit C, 291mg of calcium, 3.8mg of iron.
Tips for making taco pasta:
- Lean minced beef is the best option for taco pasta if you use full-fat meat be sure to remove extra fat before the addition of pasta to pan. So, it will save your pasta from becoming greasy.
- So, if you want to save a few calories, you can use minced chicken in place of beef.
In the light of above discussion, the taco originated from Mexico. Basically it is a street food.it is a type of finger food in which we use tortilla bread made from corn or wheat rolled around varieties of fillings like chicken, beef, vegetables, different types of creams, cheese. So, taco pasta is a marvelous combo of taco seasoning and pasta. Children, as well as adults, enjoy this recipe. It is the best option to get together and family dinner.