How to make sweet potato breakfast
How to make sweet potato breakfast
Sweet potato bowl breakfast is a dish that is very often likely resembling the sweet casserole. It is a dish from the breakfast course and belongs to the American cuisine. Sweet potato casserole is a type of a side dish having mashed sweet potatoes in a casserole dish that is often topped with the pecan nuts and the sweet sugars. The word casserole is mainly used for the deep pan used in the oven or the large serving vessel. The word casserole is used for all foods served in such type of pan or vessel.
That’s why this recipe or dish is named as the sweet potato casserole. This article is containing the recipe for the healthy breakfast start of the morning with the sweet potato breakfast and is containing an ample boost of energy along with the essential nutrients. Sweet potato usually differs from the potato but their name shows that as they belong to the same family but they are actually from the different genus and species. Sweet potatoes really enjoy in the sweet dishes. In this article, the discussion will be about the recipe for the sweet potato breakfast along with the nutritional value and the kitchen instructions and magical tips.
This recipe of sweet potato breakfast will yield about 4 servings. The serving size can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total timing requirements for this recipe of sweet potato breakfast is 1 hour and 25 minutes that gives you a quick hunger spark in busy schedules. The total time has 5 minutes for preparation and 1 hour and 20 minutes for cooking.
- About 32 oz. of sweet potato
- Honey as per taste
- 1 small banana mashed for a deliciously sweet taste
- Cinnamon just to taste
- 4 tablespoons of raisins
- And 4 tablespoons of pecan nuts or other dry fruits
- 4 tablespoons of Almond butter
Directions for the procedure:
- First of all, preheat the oven up to 375 degrees. Wash the sweet potatoes and make them dry.
- Make the holes in the sweet potatoes by pricking them with the help of fork several times. After that wrap the pricked sweet potatoes in the Aluminum foil.
- Then bake the wrapped sweet potatoes in the oven for about 60 to 70 minutes for the small and large potatoes respectively. Then, another indicator for the thorough baking may be that the fork easily passes through the whole sweet potato.
- Once the sweet potatoes have been baked, then let them cool for about 5 minutes before peeling them.
- When the sweet potatoes cooled, peel them and then mash them with the honey, banana, and cinnamon.
- After that, garnish the baked sweet potatoes mixture by topping it with the pecan nuts or the other dry nuts e.g walnuts, almonds or pistachios. You can also use the other toppings of your choice.
- So, if you want to eat the sweet potato breakfast immediately, top it with the almond butter and enjoy it.
- But if you want to eat them with some delay then top it when you want to eat it.
This recipe of the sweet potato breakfast per serving will provide you about 356 kcal of energy for your daily activities along with the 58 g of carbohydrates,7 g of proteins and 12 g of fats. It also provides you with 1 g of saturated fats, 9 g of fiber and 17 g of sugar. The nutrition facts do not contain the nutrition-related information of honey and bananas.
So, in the light of the above discussion sweet potato casserole breakfast is the American cuisine. It serves in a large serving vessel known as the casserole. This article is containing the recipe for the healthy breakfast start of the morning with the sweet potato casserole and is containing an ample boost of energy along with the essential nutrients. It is rich in flavor and is super tasty. This article recipe for the sweet potato casserole breakfast tastes great and you will definitely end up with saying wow when you would have it in your kitchen and taste it.