How to make Stir Fry In a Wok
How to make Stir Fry In a Wok
Stir-frying is a wok is a Chinese technique to cook the food. In this technique, the ingredients of the foods are fried in a small amount of very hot oil. Basically, the origin of the stir-frying is mainly China but it has now spread to the other regions of the world as well as in Asia and the west. The variety of this dish depends upon the different ingredients that are cooked in the stir-frying.
So, there are different variations of this dish including the chicken stir-frying, beef stir-frying or the vegetables stir-frying. In this article, we are going to discuss the chicken stir-frying in a wok. So, the wok is a pan that is shaped like a bowl and basically it is used for cooking Chinese foods. So, this recipe will make your dish too tasty with a perfect balance of sweet and savory. Then, this article will provide you the recipe of chicken stir-frying in a wok along with its nutritional value.
This recipe would yield about 4 servings of the dish. The servings can reduce or increase by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe is 55 minutes that includes the 20 minutes of cooking with the 35 minutes of preparation.
The main ingredients which are required for making chicken stir fry in a wok included Chicken, Sodium soya sauce, fresh ginger, corn starch, canola oil, onion, bell pepper, carrots, broccoli florets, asparagus, and others ingredients.
The ingredients for making tasty chicken stir fry in a wok with their measured quantities are given below:
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut it into thin bite-size pieces
- two spoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2–3 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 small onion and cut into small cubes
- 1 large bell pepper cut it into small cubes (you can use any color although the red is sweeter)
- 2 large carrots cut it into thin long pieces like matchsticks
- 2–3 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/2 lb. asparagus cut it into one-inch segments
Ingredients for gravy are with measured value are:
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 to 3 spoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch Optional
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger Optional
- 1 tablespoon of sambal”Oleck”
Direction for Preparation:
- Take a large Ziploc plastic bag combine chicken, soy sauce, ginger and cornstarch in it. Then, shake the chicken well to coat. So, marinate for 30 minutes and turning the bag frequently.
- Then, Take 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok over high heat or take a large stainless steel skillet. So, now, Add chicken in hot oil and cook stirring several times until the chicken cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Then, again take 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok and heat it. Then, add onion and bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes or until crisp and soft; stirring frequently. Remove to plate with chicken.
- So, if it is needed to add another tablespoon of oil to wok over high heat. Add carrots, broccoli, and asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes; stirring frequently. Then, place the lid on wok for the last minute of cooking. Remove vegetables to plate.
- Then, take a small bowl whisk together chicken broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and cornstarch. So, if desired to add ginger and/or sambal “Oleck”. So, now, pour into a wok over low heat. Then stir until thickening; 2-3 minutes. Then, return chicken and veggies to wok and warm.
- So, serve immediately with rice or undo noodles.
The nutritional values of this recipe per serving are such that:
chicken stir fry provide you about 340k calories per serving along with 9.4 g of total fat, 105.8mg of cholesterol, 1172.4mg of sodium, 27 g of total carbohydrates including 10g of sugar, 36.3 g of protein, 41% of Vitamin A, and 124% of Vitamin C
In the light of the above discussion chicken stir fry in woke is a savory Chinese dish.it is a very tasty yummy delicious dish. Try this recipe with rice or noodles you will really enjoy this dish it is ambrosial, palatable dish.