How to make Spaghetti Bolognese
Spaghetti Bolognese is a main dish from the dinner course. It is basically Italian cuisine. It is known as spaghetti Bolognese because of the use of Bolognese sauce. Bolognese is a meat-based sauce which is prepared by several techniques including sweating, sauteing and braising. So, Bolognese sauce is used in different pasta dishes and mostly in Italian dishes. its name comes from the name of the city Bologna.
The main ingredients of Bolognese sauce are characteristic soffrito of onion, tomato, and celery, grounded beef along with the small amount of fatty pork, milk, white wine, and tomatoes are added into the dishes and process it to produce a thick yummy sauce. So, here I am discussing the easy, simple and time-saving recipe of yummy, unique, and delicious spaghetti Bolognese. In this article, you will find step by step instructions from preparation to the cooking of spaghetti Bolognese along with nutritional values.
This recipe of spaghetti Bolognese will yield about 4 servings. The no of servings can increase or decrease by managing the number of ingredients respectively.
The total time duration for this recipe is 30 minutes; 5 minutes for its preparation and 25 minutes for cooking purposes.
The ingredients which are required fortis delicious recipe are olive oil, onion, minced garlic, carrots, chestnut mushrooms, minced beef, red wine but if you don’t want to use a wine you can use beef stock and an extra splash of Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree and many more others.
The ingredients with their measurable quantities are given below:
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 onion ( peeled and cut it into small cubes)
2 cloves of garlic (peeled and grounded)
1 carrot( peeled and finely cut into small pieces)
3 chestnut mushroom, finely chopped it or cut it into small cubes
1 pound(450g) grounded beef
1/2cup (120ml) red wine or beef stock and an extra splash of Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoon of tomato puree
1 tablespoon of dried oregano
1/2tablespoon of dried thyme
1tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 beef stock cube crumbled
28 oz(2×400g) canned chopped tomatoes
½ tablespoon light brown sugar
½ tablespoon black pepper
10and1/2oz(300g) dried spaghetti
Small bunch of spring onion and chopped it
Grated parmesan for garnishing
Instructions for the preparation:
1. First of all, take a frying pan and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat it over medium heat. now add chopped onion into hot oil and frying it until it becomes soft and tender for 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and cook it with onion for further a couple of minutes.
3. Now add vegetable inn it like carrots mushrooms and cook for further 2 to 3minuts.
4. Now time is to add minced beef cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until brown and use a spatula for stirring so that large pieces of beef separate.
5. Add ½ cup of red wine or you can use beef stock in place of wine if you want, and let it boil for 2 t0 3 minutes until remain three-quarter of fluid.
6. Then, add the tomato puree, dried oregano, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, beef stock cube, tinned tomato, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Then, mixed it well and let it boil. Turn don the heat and left it for simmering until thick.
7. So, Take a large pain for preparation of spaghetti, pour water to it add a pinch of salt into the water. Add spaghetti into the water and boil for 10 to 12 minutes until soft.
8. Then, drain the spaghetti and prepare 6 bowls from it.
9. So, now, spoon the bolognese which we already prepared on top of the spaghetti.
10. Then, sprinkle spring onion and parmesan for garnishing before serving.
11. So, now your dis is ready.
The nutritional value of spaghetti Bolognese is such that;
Per serving of spaghetti Bolognese provide you 56kcal including 73g of carbohydrates, 11g of fat, 3g of saturated fat, 70mg of cholesterol, 953mg of sodium, 1212mg of potassium, 6g of fibers, 12g of sugar, 2841IU of Vit A, 24mg of Vit C, 113mg of calcium, 7mg of iron.
So, in the light of the above discussion, it is concluded that spaghetti Bolognese is Italian cuisine with the use of bolognese sauce. This is the time-saving simple dish for your dinner so try it and you will definitely enjoy this dish.