How to make Rice dishes
How to make Rice dishes
Rice is a stapled food that is consumed by the largest part of the world’s population especially by Asian people. Rice is basically a seed of grass species Oryza sativa (Asian rice) or Oryza Glaberima(African rice). A huge part of agriculture commodities is rice after the production of sugar cane and maize. Rice is one of the best sources of calories. It is basically a carbohydrate source. So, there are different varieties of rice which we are using in our kitchen. So, the selection of any variety of rice depends upon the dish which we are cooking. For sweet dish mostly we use medium-sized grain rice and for other dishes, we use large-sized grain rice. So, the large size grain rice remains intact after cooking. So, in this article, we are going to discuss different dishes of rice with their nutrition values.
1. Herbal lemon rice dish
Basically, herbal lemon rice is Greek cuisine. This type of rice dish has citrus flavor due to lemon and herbal flavor due to some use of herbs.
This recipe of herbal lemon rice would yield about 4 servings. So, if you want to increase or decrease the no of servings, you can get your desire no of servings by increasing or decreasing the number of ingredients.
So, the total time required for this recipe is just 25 minutes. 5 minutes are required for preparation and 20 minutes for cooking.
There are different ingredients are needed for the preparation of herbal lemon rice. The list of ingredients with their measured quantities are given below:
1 cup of basmati rice
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 lemon( ½ lemon zested and ½
1 teaspoon of dried basil
A teaspoon of dried oregano
2 cup of vegetable stock
Here we are going to discuss 2 ways of cooking this recipe.
By using a rice cooker:
1. So, take a rice cooker and mix all ingredients in the cooker except lemon juice.
2. Then, cook using white rice function
3. Then, mix lemon with rice after cooking and serve
By using stovetop:
1. So, take a medium-sized pot, mix ell all ingredients except juice.
2. Then, cover and bring it to boil and then reduce heat and cook by covering for 15 minutes.
3. Then, turn off the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes, then stir it well and add lemon juice. And serve it
¼ batch of lemon herb lemon rice provides you 206 kcal
2. Coconut rice
This recipe will yield 6 servings.
So, the total time required for this recipe is 35 minutes; 5 minutes for preparation and 30 minutes for cooking.
Ingredients used for coconut rice are given below:
3. 1 and ½ cups of basmati rice
4. 13.5 oz coconut milk (400ml full fat)
5. 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
6. ½ teaspoon salt
7. 2 and ¼ cups of water
1. So, take a medium pot. Then, mix all ingredients with basmati rice.
2. cover the pot and wait till it boils; then, reduce heat and simmer (covered) for 15 minutes.
3. turn off the fire and let set it for further 10 minutes before serving.
1. So, combine all ingredients with rice
2. Then, cook using the white rice function option
Once the cooking time is over turn off the heat and serve it after 10 minutes.
1/6 of a batch of coconut rice provides you 267
So, this recipe for saffron rice will yield 4 servings.
So, the requirement for this recipe is 20 minutes 5 minutes for preparation and 15 minutes for cooking purposes.
So, the ingredients with their measured quantities are given below:
¼ cup of boiled water
Pinch saffron threads
1 cup basmati rice
1 tablespoon coconut oil
½ teaspoon of onion powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 and ¾ cup of vegetable or chicken
1. So, first of all, combine a pinch of saffron with boil water and wait for 5 minutes.
2. Then, and rinse rice properly
3. Then, mix all ingredients with rice; if use cooker just presses white rice function when done turn off the grass.
4. If using stovetop bring it to boil and then slow the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Then, remove from heat and wait for 10 minutes and serve it.
¼ batch of dish provides 204 kcal.
So, in this article, we discussed 3 different dishes of rice. Try it you will definitely enjoy it.