How to make Pot Roast
How to make Pot Roast
Pot roast is a dish from the American cuisine and from the main dinner course. It is an American variation of the French dish modified by the German American and the American Jews. It is usually a dish made from the roasted beef that is first sauteed and is then simmered in a small amount of liquid in a covered pot. Pot roast is also cooked with vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, and onions simmered in the gravy. The popular cuts for these tasty techniques are chuck steaks, boneless chuck steaks, short ribs, and 7-bone roasts. The pot roast can cook in the braise oven, slow cooker or instant pot. Pot roast is so savory and bulky dish that can feed a full whole family. In this article, we will discuss the beef Pot Roast recipe along with its nutritional value and kitchen tips.
This recipe for the beef pot roast would yield about 16 servings. The servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe is 3 hours and 15 minutes; including 15 minutes of preparation and 3 hours of cooking.
- 2 beef roasts chuck weighing each about 3 to 5 pounds, round
- 4 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of the vegetable oil
- 12 cloves of the garlic, crushed
- 4 cups of the grapes juice
- 4 cups of the low sodium beef broth
- Half cup of the Worcestershire sauce
- 4 medium-sized white onions, halved or quartered
- 2 pounds of baby carrots
- And 2 pounds of the potatoes, cut into eatable sizes
- 2 sprigs of the fresh rosemary
Directions for the procedure:
The instructions for the recipe are:
- First of all, preheat the oven up to 350. Take a large Dutch oven pot and heat it over a high flame.
- Then season each side of both beef chunks with the salt and black pepper. After that pour down the vegetable oil into the Dutch oven pot and then fry the beef roast chucks in that oil until it is browned or for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the roasted beef chucks from the pot and then keep them aside on a plate. Then, add the garlic to the pot and saute it for about 60 seconds and add the grape juice and the beef broth into the pan. Place back the roasted beef chucks into the pan or pot.
- Then add the Worcestershire sauce over the roasted beef chucks in the pot and add the onion chopped pieces, carrots, and potatoes on the top of the beef chucks and around the meat and add the rosemary sprigs on the top.
- Then close the pot with a lid and then place it on the preheated oven at about 350. Cook it for about 3 hours or until the internal temperature of the roast reached the 202 degrees F. after it is cooked, shred the roasted beef chucks with a fork. Then season the whole dish and especially vegetables with salt and ground black pepper as per taste.
- The delicious and savory pot roast is ready to serve and enjoy But remember to serve it hot for enhanced and best taste
The nutritional value of this recipe is such that per serving it provides you about 680 kcal of energy along with 21 g of carbohydrates, 57 g of proteins and 36 g of fats. It also gives you about 17 g of saturated fats, 195 mg of cholesterol, 1063 mg of sodium, 1662 mg of potassium, 3 g of fiber and 6 g of sugar. It is also providing you the vitamins A and C along with calcium and iron.
So, in the light of the above discussion pot, Roast is an American cuisine dish and is heartily tasty and flavorful. It is a mix of French and American cuisines. In the primarily the roast size beef piece roast in the vegetable gravy but saute first. This article recipe of the pot roast flavor rich with the simmered vegetables and the beef chunks in the gravy and will give you a super-legendary taste.