How to make mini meatloaf
How to make mini meatloaf
Mini meatloaf is a very tasty dish belonging historically to the Germans having its origin from Germany. But now it is also experienced in America and sometimes it can also be made to come from the German-American cuisine. Meatloaf is usually a dish made from minced beef along with many other ingredients such as olive oil, thyme, onions, eggs, and many others. All the mixture is then folded up into a loaf shape structure and baked in the oven or smoked.
Some other varieties of meat such as pork, lamb, veal, venison, poultry and seafood in their ground form can be used. The ground meatloaf is then sliced like the bread slices. The meatloaf to prevent the dryness often topped with different sauces. The mini meatloaf is small in size relative to a bread size meatloaf. In this article, we are also going to discuss the mini meatloaf. The recipe of the mini meatloaf along with their nutritional value per 100 g will discuss here.
This recipe of the mini meatloaf would yield about 12 servings. The servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe is 1 hour and 15 minutes; including 30 minutes of preparation and 45 minutes of cooking.
- 2 tablespoons of the olive oil (Extra virgin)
- 6 cups of the onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of the fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 4 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 tablespoons of the Worcestershire sauce
- Half cup of the chicken broth or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of the tomato paste
- 3 pounds of the ground beef chuck (leaned)
- 1 cup of the bread crumbs, dried
- 4 large eggs, whisked or beaten
- 1 cup of the ketchup
Directions for the procedure:
The instructions that you must follow while making the mini meatloaf recipe are as follows:
- First of all, preheat the oven up to 350 degrees F.
- Take a medium-size to saute pan, and heat in it the olive oil. Then add the thyme, onions, salt, and pepper and cook them over the medium-low flame for about 8 to 10 minutes with occasional stirring. Cook the mixture until the onions become translucent but are not much browned.
- After that remove the saute pan from the stove and add in it the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock or broth and tomato paste. Mix them well in the cooked mixture and then allow the mixture to cool down.
- Take a large bowl and then in it combine the ground beef chuck, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and beaten eggs. Mix all ingredients gently with the help of a fork. Don’t mash the mixture, if you do so the meatloaf would become dense.
- Now it’s time to make the mini meatloaves from the meat mixture. Divide the whole mixture into about 12 equal portions and then shape all divisions into a small loaf placing them on the baking sheet.
- Top each meatloaf with the single spoon of the ketchup to give a wet taste.
- Then bake these mini meatloaves for about 40 to 45 minutes or until the temperature inside the meatloaf reaches the 155 to 160 degrees F.
- When the meatloaves are cooking through, they are almost ready to enjoy. Serve them hot or immediately.
The nutritional value of the mini meatloaf recipe is such that per 100 g it provides you about 204 kcal of energy along with 12.11 g of fat, 6.52 g of carbohydrates and 16.16 g of proteins. It also gives you about 52 IU of Vitamin A, 0.5 mg of Vitamin C, 52 mg of calcium and 2.10 mg of iron. It also gives you about 79 mg of cholesterol 0.4 g of dietary fiber.
So, in the light of the above discussion mini meatloaf is a dish made from the ground meat or can be belonged to the German-American cuisine. It is super delicious and often takes with some sauces or ketchup. This article recipe will be a good experience for you while trying this recipe in your kitchen.