How to make matzo meal
How to make matzo meal
Matzo meal is a cracker-like bread. It is often eaten straight or is used as the ingredient in various dishes as the bread crumbs. Its place of origin is ancient Israel. So, In this article, the recipe for the matzo meal will be provided. And its nutritional value and kitchen tips.
This recipe for the homemade matzo meal would yield about 16 bread or large sheets. The servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe of the matzo meal is 30 minutes.
- 9 cups of the all-purpose flour and some for rolling
- 2 teaspoons of the kosher salt and some more for sprinkling
- 1 ½ cups of warm water along with ½ more cup of warm water
- 4 tablespoons of the olive oil
Directions for the procedure:
- First of all, preheat the oven up to 260 and place a 10 to 15 inch of a baking sheet on the lowest bottom of the oven.
- Then in a large bowl, combine all ingredients by using the 1 ½ cup of warm water and make the dough of them. If you feel the dough is dry then add a little more water into it.
- Then, leave the dough to smooth or rest for about 10 to 15 minutes. By keeping the dough at rest you would not have the need to sprinkle the kosher salt over the matzo sheets.
- Divide the dough into 16 pieces and then with the help of the rolling pin, flatten each piece and pass the piece repeatedly through the pasta maker and reach the minimum thickness of the pieces. Repeat this procedure for each dough piece.
- Then, shape the thin pieces of the dough into rectangle form and with the help of the fork, prick the dough pieces
- Then with the utmost care, put and assemble the rectangular sheets on the baking tray. The arrangement should be such that all the sheets would be totally covered. Always remember the sheets should not touch one another.
- Bake the matzo bread pieces for about 30 to 90 sec or until the side is golden brown. Then turn the side of the matzo pieces and let it bake from that side for about 15 to 30 seconds.
- Matzo bread or matzo meal is ready. Let it cool before serving.
The nutritional value of the matzo meal is such that per 100 g it provides you about 395 kcal of energy along with the 1.4 g of fat, 84 g of carbohydrates and 10 g of proteins.
So, in the light of the above discussion, a matzo meal is a thin bread sheet that is dry and baked in the oven with the kosher salt. This article recipe will enable you to make the world’s best matzo meal at the edge of your kitchen at home.