How to make Mason jar meals
How to make Mason jar meals
Mason jar meals are used mostly in the west to make the lunch, breakfast and dinner meals more yummy and flavourful. Their main purpose is mostly to preserve the food by closing the lid of the jar hermetically. Mason jar method was first invented in 1858 named after John Landis Mason. So, these are the jars useful in home canning. The lid is closed by pressing the lid against it and the rubber inside the lid provides the hermetic seal. The meals packed in the jars look very beautiful and tasty and is preserved for several days. In mason jars, besides the daily or routine meals, pickles and another such types of things can also be packed and preserved. In this article, we will go about the discussion of the recipe for the Mason jar meal having the mustard-honey combo along with the nutritional value of it and kitchen tips.
The total time required for this recipe is 25 minutes; including 10 minutes of preparation and 15 minutes of cooking.
This recipe for the Mason jar meal would give you about 10 salads. So, the servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
For the Mustard-Honey dressing
- ½ cup of the plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 1 cup of the yellow mustard
- 1 cup of the honey
- 5 tablespoons of the lemon juice
Making the Mason jar salad
- 8 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 teaspoon of the sea salt
- Half teaspoon of the black pepper, grinded
- ¼ teaspoon of the garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon of the olive oil
- 2 pounds of the cherry tomatoes, whole form
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup of the chopped almonds, peeled
- 2 cups of the goat cheese, grated or crumbled
- 15 cups of the baby greens, mixed
Directions for the procedure:
- Place the skillet over the medium-high heat and heat the olive oil in it.
- So, Now spice the breasts of the chicken from each side with sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Then fry the chicken in the pan and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or when the inside temperature of the chicken reached about 160.
- After the cooking of the chicken, let it cool and then shred the chicken into small pieces.
For the Honey-Mustard dressing
- Take a small bowl and mix the Greek yogurt, yellow mustard, Honey and lemon juice. Whisk the mixture until it is smooth inconsistency.
Assembling the Mason jar salads
- Now starts assembling the salad in the jar, make the first dressing layer at the bottom of the jar. So, you can decide the dressing quantity depending upon the ingredients you are going to add next.
- Then follow the Mustard-Honey dressing with the cherry tomatoes and shredded chicken. So, In the next layer, add the cucumber with chopped almonds and top this layer with the grated cheese.
- Then, at the top of the jar, add as much as green beans into the jar as you can. With this 10 serving recipe, you can use two small mason jars or one large jar for this purpose. If using two then after filling the one jar, do and repeat the same steps with the second one.
- When you are at the edge of eating or taking the salad, put out the all ingredients from the jar into the bowl and then toss them with a fork so that each ingredient is coated with the Mustard-Honey dressing.
If the sealing of the jar is hermetically or tightly, these jars can last up to 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator and can be a perfect match for your lunch and dinner.
The nutritional value of this recipe is such that per serving or per salad it would provide you about 434 kcal of energy along with 20 g of fats, 33 g of carbohydrates and 32 g of proteins. It also provides you with 811 mg of sodium, 584 mg of potassium, 124 mg of calcium and 2.4 mg of iron. It also gives you 1285 IU of Vitamin A and 19.1 mg of Vitamin C.
So, in the light of above discussion, Mason jar meals are helping to preserve the meals and salads for later use. So, this article recipe for the mason meal jar will give you a deep insight into the mason jar salad you are seeking for.