How to make Kraft mac and cheese better
How to make Kraft mac and cheese better
Kraft mac and cheese better have been the western’s favorite. It is the product known as the Kraft Dinner or KD in Canada and as Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner or Kraft Mac & Cheese in the United States and Australia, while in the United Kingdom it is known as Macaroni Cheese or Cheesy Pasta. It is a non-perishable food type that is a packaged dry macaroni and cheese product offered by the Kraft foods. Kraft mac and cheese better have a traditional appearance of the dried macaroni with cheese powder packed in the cardboard box. This dish introduced in 1937 by Kraft with the name of Kraft Dinner in both Canada and U.S simultaneously. This food item became popular instantly after it’s launching. Its launching was usually done at the time of World War II.
Interesting about this dish:
When the women had to work out of the home. They appreciated and liked and consumed it at large scale. It was considered a hearty meal for the family. The extensive attraction towards this Kraft mac and cheese was mainly due to its shelf life of about 10 months. There was a sale of about 50 million boxes during the war. Kraft mac and cheese better is deliciously creamy and healthy liked by children and adults equally.
You can enjoy it just after purchasing the mac and cheese box from the market. Microwaving it anytime and anywhere. It is always hygienic and good to prepare the Kraft mac and cheese better at home by yourself. It tastes more delicious and creamier as compared to the instant one. In this article, the discussion will be about how to make Kraft mac and cheese better. And their instructions and kitchen tips along with the nutritional value.
Method to make Kraft mac and cheese better
The main ingredients for the Kraft mac and cheese better are dried pasta and cheese powder. The other ingredients that are generally used beyond the main ingredients basically to enhance the taste of the cheese mac are water, butter or margarine and milk. You can make the cheese mac more delicious than in the blue box.
The total time for making the Kraft macaroni and cheese better is 20 minutes. It includes the 2 minutes of preparation and 18 minutes as cooking time.
The ingredients for the Kraft mac and cheese include:
- 2 boxes of the Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of salt
- 4 tablespoons of salted butter, keep it divided
- ¾ cup of milk, if you use whole milk it will taste great
- 3 to 5 slices of the Americans cheese, take it in the grated form
Directions for the procedure:
The brief directions for making the Kraft macaroni and cheese better are: ( but the detail and step by step instructions are later to this). The method involves:
1) Take a medium bowl and put water and salt in it. Place it over the stove and bring the salted water to a boil over high heat.
2) Now when the salted water has reached a boil add the elbow macaroni from the box and cook it. Stir the macaroni while cooking occasionally so that it doesn’t form clumpy masses especially in the beginning or not sticky to the bottom. Check the macaroni after 5 minutes if it is cooked and softened.
3) Drain the macaroni and put it into a bowl with 2 tablespoons of the salted butter. Stir continuously the macaroni with the butter so that butter completely incorporate into the macaroni. Mix these things well and keep aside while making the sauce.
4) Now place the empty pot back on the stove over low heat and put in it the other remaining two tablespoons of salted butter, the milk, Americans cheese, and cheese powder from the box and stir together.
5) Keep stirring all ingredients in the pot until it is completely smooth and no traces of powder have been left in the sauce.
6) Now, after that add the pasta or the elbow macaroni that you have already prepared in the sauce and stir well to mix it so that all the pasta or macaroni becomes coated with the cheesy and creamy sauce.
7) Remove the tasty and yummy Kraft macaroni and the cheese better from the heat and serve hot or cold as you like according to your desire.
Detailed instructions and kitchen tips for making Cheese mac
There are four important kitchen instructions that you must keep in your mind are:
- Salt the water
- Cook the pasta for less time than that of mentioned in the instructions
- Replace the butter with the Americans cheese
- Make the creamy and cheesy sauce in a separate pan that will give you an awesome taste and view
Salting the water:
Salt the water while making the macaroni boiled is a keen step that must be eyed and considered. It always adds the salt into the water before boiling the pasta. It is only the step at which you can season the macaroni after that when you will add the salt or flavor of the sauce it will be only outside of the pasta and wouldn’t incorporate into it.
You can add the salt into the water as soon as you place it over the flame. But if you are using the non-stick ware you can add the salt after the water has come to a boil as if you add the water in the non-stick pan at the time. When you put water in it, there are chances that the un-dissolved salt will leave the marks on the bottom surface of the pan before the water getting boiled that will definitely ruin your non-stick utensils.
Never let the pasta to overcook:
The next instruction is that you should boil the macaroni or pasta for a minute or two than that of the time mentioned in the instruction labeled on the blue box. If you give the pasta a long boiling time then it will become mushy. The labeled instructions on the blue box show that the pasta should boil for about 7 to 8 minutes but that much long time can end up with a taste disaster.
If you have not done with your pasta after two minutes then take it to the timing of 5 minutes and after 5 minutes start tasting it. If you have got that the past has become soft and boiled then drain it quickly as if it remains in the water it will get the mushy appearance as it continues to be soft remains in the water. The other most important tip, that when the pasta completely cooks never rinse it with cold water until you are making the recipe of that type e.g salads.
iii. Use the butter and the cheese in the half proportions:
The third one trick is to replace half of the salted butter with the 3 to 5 slices of Americans-cheese in the grated or crumbled form. If you do that, it will give you an incredible taste. The instructions on the blue box say to use more butter as compared to the cheese but we are not going to that. We will use the less butter but compensated with the American cheese. Always use the cheese and the butter in the proportion of half and half as if you add the full butter to the extra cheese, it will give the greasy taste that might not suit your taste buds but it only depends on your choice and desire.
Make the sauce in a separate pan:
The fourth instruction includes that always make the creamy and cheese sauce for the Kraft macaroni and the cheese better in a separate pan or pot. Never make the sauce while the macaroni is in the pot as when you do that it will completely ruin the macaroni and leave it beaten up. A huge drawback of this attempt will be that the powder will not get dissolved well and leave the clumps. The next point at which you have to be careful is that when you pour the macaroni into the sauce. It will fall as one big clump that can make a wrong but to set. It just has to stir the pasta before pouring it into the sauce.
The nutritional value of the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Better is such that:
it gives you about 376 kcal of energy per cup weighing 198 g. It also provides you with 16 g of fat, 5.9 mg of cholesterol.
47 g of carbohydrates and 9.7 g of proteins.
So, in the light of the above discussion Kraft macaroni and cheese better have been the western’s favorite especially in Canada where it is famous as the state food or specialty. Making the Kraft cheese mac at home is the awful experience with this recipe as compared to the labeled recipe of the blue box.