How to make flax meal
How to make flax meal
Flax meal is the powder type dish that is made from the bending or grinding of the flax seeds. Flax meal can be also meant for the flax flour. For making the flax meal, you can either use the food processor or the blender. It is a gluten-free dish flax meal is much delicious and gives a nutty flavor that is adding crunchiness to various recipes. In some bakery goods, it can also be used in place of oils. In this article, the discussion will be about the recipe for making the flax meal along with its nutritional value and kitchen tips.
This recipe of the flax meal would yield about 2 cups. The servings can increase and decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe is 17 minutes; including 15 minutes of preparation and 2 minutes of cooking.
- 1 cup of the flax seeds
Directions for the procedure:
- The important thing that you must follow at first is that before blending the flax seeds, place them in the refrigerator for about 15 to 30 minutes so that the oils don’t get overheated during grinding.
- Take your blender or the food processor and place the flax seeds in it.
- Then give the flax seeds a quick blend. The first quick blend must be at the speed 1 and then varying the speed to 10 and then immediately turning on the high speed.
- Once you see that with one cycle of blending the flax seeds have turned into a meal, then with the help of the spatula or with the blunt edge of the knife scrape the sides of the blender and blend the flaxseed meal again. This will make sure that the flax meal smoothly blended.
- But don’t overwork on the flax meal.
- Then fill the flax meal in the airtight containers and then store them in the refrigerator or freezer.
The nutritional value of the flax meal is such that per 10 g or 1 tablespoon it provides you about 55 kcal of energy along with 1.9 g of proteins, 3 g of carbohydrates and 4.3 g of fats.
So, in the light of the above discussion, the flax meal is so delicious and crispy giving an edge to many bakery products. This article recipe will give you a great assist in your kitchen while making the flax meal at home.