How to make cilantro lime chicken
How to make cilantro lime chicken
Cilantro lime chicken belongs to such a category of the dishes that are part of many cuisines across the globe. It is a dish from the main course and often serves hot. Its main ingredients include the chicken and the lemon juice. There are many versions of lemon chicken and cook differently in different countries such as Canada, Australia, Spain, China, and the UK. This recipe of the cilantro lime chicken involves at first the marination of the chicken with the marinade containing the cilantro and the lime juice and then after marination that chicken is cooked and tastes so delicious. Even you can say the cilantro lime chicken a yummy and savory dish. This article discussed the recipe of the cilantro lime chicken along with its nutritional value.
This recipe of the cilantro lime chicken would yield about 12 servings of the dish. The servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe is 55 minutes; including 10 minutes of preparation, 15 minutes of cooking and 30 minutes of marination.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1 teaspoon of the cumin
- 1 teaspoon of the salt
- Black pepper freshly ground as per taste
- 4 lime, cut or divided into thin slices
- 1 bunch of the cilantro or coriander
- 12 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
Directions for the procedure:
Marinating the chicken
First of all, take a bowl and then mix in it the olive oil, crushed garlic, cumin, salt, and the freshly ground black pepper.
- Zest about 2 limes and then squeeze the juice of them. For the marination of the chicken and for giving a pleasant sour taste to chicken you would need about 4 to 6 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Cut the squeezed lemons into wedges for the garnishing purpose of the cooked chicken. While cutting the lemon wedges, chop the cilantro roughly for later use. Half of the cilantro will be used in the marinade and the other remaining half would be used in the garnishing of the cooked chicken.
- After that, add about 2 teaspoons of the lemon zest, 4 to 6 tablespoons of the lemon juice and about half of the proportion of the chopped cilantro to the marinating material. Mix the whole marinade with the help of a spatula and combine them well while doing the continuous stirring.
- Take a shallow dish or a large bag with the top zip and then place the chicken thighs in them. Pour the marinade mixture and toss the marinade with the chicken to coat the marinade well on the chicken thighs.
- Now, for a better taste and enhanced flavor, you have to marinate the chicken. For the chicken to be marinated, put it on aside for about 30 minutes at room temperature or for about 8 hours in the refrigerator. After the marination of chicken, toss it occasionally for better coating.
Cooking the chicken
- So, for the cooking of the marinated chicken, take a large skillet and heat it by placing it on the medium-high flame. When it is heated, place the chicken thighs in it and cook them for about 5 to 7 minutes from each side of the chicken thighs or until when they are browned or cooked thoroughly.
- If you see that there is any need of adding or spraying the cooking oil on the chicken thighs, then add it. But if it is already enough then don’t go for more oil spray.
- So, after the cooking of chicken, garnish it with the chopped fresh cilantro, lime juice and cut lemon wedges.
- Delicious cilantro lime chicken is ready to serve and enjoy.
The nutritional value of this recipe of the cilantro lime chicken is such that per serving of the 4 oz. it provides you about 110 kcal of energy along with the 2 g of fats, 2 g of carbohydrates and 23 g of proteins. It also provides you about 23.4 mg of cholesterol, 0.1 g of sugar and 0.5 g of dietary fiber.
So, in the light of the above discussion cilantro lime chicken is a savory dish that involves firstly the marination of the chicken with the marinade containing the cilantro and the lime juice and then after marination that chicken is cooked and tastes so delicious even mouthwatering.