How to make chicken Fajita
How to make chicken Fajita
Fajita is a Mexican cuisine dish that is made by grilling the meat and serving it as a taco on the flour or corn tortilla. There are many varieties of the Fajita depending upon the main ingredient as the chicken fajita, vegetables fajita or beef fajita. The origin of this dish is from Mexico and the United States. Out of all varieties of the fajita, chicken fajita is in my perception has a better taste. So, in this article, we will discuss the recipe for the chicken fajita along with its nutritional value.
This recipe would yield about 3 servings. So, the servings can be increased or decreased by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe is 30 minutes with including 20 minutes for preparation and 10 minutes of cooking.
- 2 tablespoons of the canola oil, separated
- 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice
- Half to 1 teaspoon of the dried oregano
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of the ground cumin
- Half teaspoon of the garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of the red chili powder
- and ¼ teaspoon of the paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of the red pepper flakes
- Half to 1 pound of the boneless chicken breast, cut into thin and average size strips
- ¼ medium-size red pepper, cut into long and thin strips (julienned)
- ¼ of the medium-size green pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, sliced in thin pieces
- ¼ cup of the chopped onion
- About 3 flour tortillas (8 inches), heated
Directions for the procedure:
- Take a large bowl and mix in it the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil, seasonings and then add the chicken. Cover the chicken in the mixture to coat with the stirring. Marinate the chicken for about 1-4 hours and place it in the refrigerator.
- Then, take a heavy or cast-iron skillet or pan and saute the bell peppers and the onions in it in the leftover oil. Fry them until they are crispy and tender. Once done, remove them and keep them warm.
- Remove the marinade and drain the chicken from it. In the skillet or pan in which the pepper and the onion were sauteed, place the chicken and cook it over medium to high heat for about 5 to 6 minutes or when the meat is no longer pink.
- Then, put back the pepper mixture to the pan and cook overheat.
- Then, with the help of a spoon, fill the mixture in the warmed tortillas and fold them.
- So, tasty chicken fajita is ready to serve and enjoy.
This recipe would give you about 369 kcal of energy along with 15 g of fat, 30 g of carbohydrates and 28 g of proteins.
So, in the light of the above discussion chicken fajita is a chines cuisine dish that is heartily enjoyed and served. It is usually the grilled meat rolled in the tortillas generally in the form of tacos. You will really appreciate this recipe when you will try in your kitchen.