How to make chicken casserole
How to make chicken casserole
Chicken casserole is a main dish from the Dinner course. It is named so because of the pot or vessel used to serve the cooked chicken. So, the word casserole is mainly used for the deep pan used in the oven or the large serving vessel. The word casserole represent for all foods served in such type of pan or vessel. That’s why this recipe or dish is named as the chicken casserole. So, the dish chicken casserole is from American cuisine. This recipe of the chicken casserole is creamy and tasty with chicken, onions and bell peppers along with a special sauce and cheese. This article will discuss the recipe of the chicken casserole including the kitchen instructions and the nutritional value.
This recipe of the chicken casserole would yield about 4 servings of the dish. So, the servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe is about 45 minutes including the 5 minutes of preparation and 40 minutes of cooking.
- 4 tablespoons of the unsalted butter, separated
- 2 chicken breasts that are skinless and boneless
- ¼ of the yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 of the red bell pepper (diced).
- 1 clove of the garlic, minced form
- ¼ teaspoon of the ground black pepper
- 45 ounces of the chicken soup Condensed cream
- Half cup of the sour cream
- ¼ cup of the whole milk
- Half cup of the cheddar cheese shredded
Directions for the procedure:
The instructions for the recipe are:
- First of all, preheat the oven to about 350 degrees.
- Then, place a large skillet over the medium to high flame and put about 1 tablespoon of the butter on it. Then, cook the chicken in this butter from each side for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, then remove the chicken to a plate and chop it.
- So, on the skillet add more 1 tablespoon of the batter and fry in it the onions, bell pepper, garlic and the black pepper on medium heat. Cook all ingredients for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the softening onions.
- Then, add the cream of chicken, sour cream and the milk in the cooking mixture and pour the prepared mixture into a baking dish.
- Then, Melt the other 2 tablespoons of the butter and mix with the cheddar cheese. Spread this cheese mixture over the chicken and bake the chicken for about 30 to 35 minutes after placing it in the baking dish.
- So, a delicious chicken casserole is ready to enjoy.
The nutritional value of this recipe is such that per serving it provides you about 441 kcal of energy along with the 29 g of fat, 30 g of protein and the 12 g of carbohydrates.
So, in the light of the above discussion chicken casserole is the American cuisine dish that is served in a large serving vessel known as the casserole. It is rich in flavor and is super tasty. This article recipe for the chicken casserole tastes great and you will definitely end up with saying wow when you would have it in your kitchen and taste it.