How to make cauliflower mac and cheese
How to make cauliflower mac and cheese
Cauliflower mac and cheese is a side dish from the main course. Macaroni and cheese are mostly known as mac and cheese in different regions of the west depending upon their languages. Mac and cheese have their origin from England. It is also very famous and commonly consumed across the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Mac and cheese dish sometimes is also blended with other ingredients like meat, vegetables or breadcrumbs, etc.
The cauliflower mac and cheese involves the boiled and grated pieces of the cauliflower and sometimes known as the cauliflower cheese. Cauliflower cheese is said to have Britain’s origin. Cauliflower mac and cheese is usually served hot or warm. And, cauliflower mac and cheese are often prepared in the oven but can also be cooked in any type of pot or saucepan on the top of the stove. In this article, the discussion will be about the recipe for the cauliflower mac and cheese along with its nutritional value and the cooking instructions or magic tips.
This recipe of the cauliflower mac and cheese would yield about 8 servings. The servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total timing required for this recipe of the cauliflower mac and cheese is 1 hour and 15 minutes that give you hunger spark with its aroma and flavor. The total time has 30 minutes for preparation and 30 to 45 minutes for cooking.
- 2 small cauliflowers with its leaves and the stalks removed, grated florets
- 500 g of the elbow macaroni
- 100 g of butter and also more for extra greasing
- 100 g of plain flour
- 1000 ml of milk
- 300 g of the cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Salt as per taste
- Ground black pepper as per taste
Directions for the procedure:
The directions for the recipe of the cauliflower mac and cheese along with the magic tips are as follows:
- So, first of all, preheat the oven up to 200 degrees C. Prepare a 4-liter capacity ovenproof dish by greasing it with the butter.
- Take a saucepan and fill it up to the half with water and then bring the water to boil. When the water starts boiling add the grated florets of the cauliflower into the water and boil them until softened or boil for about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the water and set them on aside.
- Again in the same saucepan, fill it to the half with water and once it starts boiling add the macaroni into the boiling water and cook it. Drain off the water and set the macaroni aside.
- So, now, take a saucepan and melt the butter in it. In the melted butter, add the plain flour and cook it with continuous stirring for 30 seconds.
- Then gradually pour down the milk into the flour with continuous stirring until the mixture attains the consistency of custard or easily poured down. Whisk the butter and flour with the milk until form a smooth sauce.
- Stir the milk mixture into about 2/3 of the cheese and season it with the salt and pepper.
- Then add the cauliflower to the sauce and mix well. Blend the mixture with a hand blender until it is totally smooth.
- Then, place the macaroni in the ovenproof dish and combine it with the cauliflower sauce. Put the remaining cheese on the mixed mac and sauce.
- So, now, Bake the cauliflower mac and cheese in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- So, delicious cauliflower mac and cheese is ready to enjoy.
This recipe of the cauliflower mac and cheese per cup will provide you about 363 kcal of energy for your daily activities along with the 10.13 g of carbohydrates, 13.94 g of proteins and 31.54 g of fats. It also provides you with 105 mg of cholesterol, 1109 IU of vitamin A, 69.9 mg of vitamin C, 1.11 mg of iron and 339 mg of calcium.
So, in the light of the above discussion cauliflower mac and cheese is a tasty and savory dish. This dish of the cauliflower mac and cheese contains the hidden pieces of the cauliflower that will give you a boost of nutrition with less exposure. Cauliflower mac and cheese has its origin from England. It must try in your kitchen. If you try this recipe of the cauliflower mac and cheese at your home you will definitely end up happily and will absolutely love and enjoy it.