How to make beef stroganoff
How to make beef stroganoff
Beef stroganoff is from the main course of dishes and has its origin from Russia. It is most common in Eastern Europe. It usually serves hot. In this article, we will discuss the recipe of the beef stroganoff along with its nutritional value and kitchen tips.
This recipe would yield about 8 servings and the servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe is 30 minutes; 15 minutes of preparation and 15 minutes of cooking.
- 2 pounds of the top sirloin steak (thinly sliced strips form)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 medium-size onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound brown mushrooms (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves, in minced form
- And 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of the beef broth
- 1 ½ cup of the heavy whipping cream
- Half cup of the sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of the Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of the Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of the salt
- Half teaspoon of the black pepper
For serving or topping
- 2 tablespoons of the green onion for garnishing
- 16 to 24 oz. of the egg noodles to serve
Directions for the procedure:
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or pan and place it over the medium-high flame. After the heating of oil, Then, add the thinly sliced beef strips and cook them for about 1 minute each side without stirring. Cook the strips until the strips are browned or no longer pink.
- Sear the beef in the pan in at least two batches so that the pan is not over-crowded. Remove the beef from the pan and then keep it covered on aside.
- So, now, In the pan, add the butter, mushrooms and chopped onion. Saute them for about 6 to 8 minutes or when the onion is tender or brown.
- Put the minced garlic clove into the pan and saute it for about 1 minute and then add the flour into it and cook it for a minute more with the continuous stirring.
- Add the beef broth into the pan along with the whipping cream and let it simmer for about 1 to 2 minutes or until it gets thickened.
- Mix the sauce into the sour cream and then add it into the cooking mixture with continuous stirring.
- Then, stir the mixture in the Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and season it with salt and pepper. Continue simmering the mixture until it turns creamy.
- Then, add the beef back to the pan and let the mixture simmer for just one boil.
- So, tasty beef stroganoff is ready to serve.
The nutritional value of this recipe is such that per serving it provides you about 689 kcal of energy along with the 38 g of fats, 48 g of carbohydrates and 37 g of proteins. It also provides you about 108 mg of calcium and 3.4 mg of iron.
So, in the light of the above discussion beef stroganoff is a creamy dish from the Russian origin and is eaten with an acute urge in Europe. It is often served with rice or over the noodles. This article recipe is a great help to you while making the best beef stroganoff.