How to make a vegetarian lasagna
How to make a vegetarian lasagna
Vegetarian lasagna is a dish from the main course. Lasagna or Lasagne is a dish from the Italian cuisine. It is usually served as the dish of the dinner course that can be cooked very tastily. It is a culinary dish that is often made with the layers of pasta, alternated sauces and ingredients such as meats, vegetables and topped with the melted or grated cheese. In it, the cooked pasta is combined with the other ingredients and then is baked in the oven or can also be made in the slow cooker.
Vegetarian lasagna is not containing any meat or meat derived products such as eggs or anything else. As shown from the name that it is for the people who are strict vegetarians so that’s why this vegetarian lasagna would contain a variety of vegetables, cheeses along with lasagna noodles. Vegetable lasagna is a traditional dish of Italian cuisine. The lasagna serves usually in cut square portions, circular or semi-circular. In this article, the discussion will be about the recipe for the vegetarian lasagna along with its nutritional value.
This recipe of the vegetarian lasagna would yield about 16 servings. The servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total timing required for this recipe of the vegetarian lasagna is 1 hour and 10 minutes that give you hunger spark with its aroma and flavor. The total time has 20 minutes for preparation and 50 minutes for cooking.
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- 16 ounces of the mushrooms, sliced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 bell peppers, one red and the other green, chopped
- And 2 sweet onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of the garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons of the fresh parsley, chopped
- And 4 tablespoons of basil, chopped
- 4 cups of the cottage cheese, low in fat
- 5 cups of the mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of the parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 cups of the marinara pasta sauce
- 18 oven-ready lasagna noodles
Directions for the procedure:
- First of all, preheat the oven up to 450 degrees F. Meanwhile, prepare a 9 inches baking dish by spraying the cooking spray and keep it on aside.
- Take a large skillet and heat the olive oil over it on the medium to high flame. Fry the mushrooms, zucchini, onion, garlic and the bell peppers in the oil. Cook the vegetables with continuous stirring until tender for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, the cooking of vegetables, take another bowl and mix in it the cottage cheese, ½ parmesan cheese,2 ½ cups of mozzarella cheese, parsley and basil.
- When the vegetables completely cook, stir the vegetables in the marinara sauce over the skillet.
- Place half of the marinara sauce vegetables on the bottom followed by the 6 lasagna noodles and further with the cottage cheese.
- Similarly, repeat the 3 layers of the lasagna ending at the top with mozzarella and at the last with the parmesan cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with the foil greased with the cooking spray and then bake the lasagna in the oven for about 40 minutes being covered with the foil.
- Then bake it further for 10 minutes without the foil covering.
- Rest for the dew minutes and serve the delicious lasagna
This recipe of the vegetarian lasagna per serving will provide you about 291 kcal of energy for your daily activities along with the 17 g of carbohydrates, 22 g of proteins and 16 g of fats. It also provides you with, 20 % of vitamin A, 36 % of vitamin C, 8 % of iron and 32 % of calcium.
So, in the light of above discussion vegetarian lasagna is a traditional dish of Italian cuisine. The lasagna serves usually in cut square portions, circular or semi-circular. Vegetarian lasagna does not contain any meat or meat derived products such as eggs or anything else. As shown from the name that it is for the people who are strict vegetarians so that’s why this vegetarian lasagna would contain a variety of vegetables, cheeses along with lasagna noodles. Vegetarian lasagna tastes yummy and is incredibly tasty. This recipe for the vegetarian lasagna tastes great when you would try in your kitchen.