How to make a sandwich for lunch
How to make a sandwich for lunch
Sandwiches have been a tasty snack and lunch boost ever. Egg sandwich doesn’t belong to a specific cuisine but it has been the most favorite breakfast or the filling of the lunch box for school going children since ever. An egg sandwich is usually characterized by some sort of egg filling in between the bread slices. The cooked shape of the egg may vary e.g the egg used for filling may be fried, scrambled, hard-boiled eggs or the egg salad. These are often considered the most popular options.
A British or the Australian version means the word sandwich that it is the filling in between the two slices of the bread. A hard-boiled egg sandwich is a sandwich containing the sliced eggs in between the slices or some other form of the hard-boiled eggs as the filling. In this article, the discussion will be about the recipe for the hard-boiled egg sandwiches and its nutritional value.
This recipe would yield about 4 servings or 4 sandwiches for your lunch or brunch snack. However, the servings can be increased or decreased by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe is 27 minutes; including 2 minutes of preparation and 27 minutes of cooking.
- 4 medium-sized eggs, boiled
- 8 slices of bread
- 4 teaspoons of the oil for the stuff inside
- 2 teaspoons of butter for smearing on the bread
- and 2 large onions, finely and thinly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely crushed or minced
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 green chilies, finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon of the garam masala or ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of the red chili powder
- And ½ teaspoon of any dry herb you like to use
- ¼ cup of the carrots, chopped
- ¼ cup of onion, finely sliced
- and ¼ cup of the cucumber, chopped
- Lemon juice as your requirement
Directions for the procedure:
- First of all, take a pot with boiling water and put the eggs in it. Then boil the eggs for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- When the eggs get boiled, remove the eggs from the hot water and place them under the running tap of the cold water.
- So, now remove the shells from the eggs and cut each egg into about 3 to 4 slices.
- Now you have to trim the edges of the bread slices and then with the help of the butter or the oil, smear the bread slices on one side.
- Take a pan and heat the oil in it. Then add the garlic and cumin into the pan and saute them by frying. When the garlic is pinkish brown, add the onions into the pan along with the salt and cook them.
- So, it’s time to add the spices. Then, add the red chili powder, dried herb, turmeric, and garam masala. Cook the whole mixture well with occasional stirring.
- Once the mixture is ready, transfer it into another plate or slide it to the one side of the pan.
- Then, fry the toasts on the pan and do the same with all other bread slices (Make sure the vegetables are chopped finely and thinly).
- While keeping the toasts on the pan spread the cooked onion mixture on the toast followed by the eggs, then again onions and after that the final layer of the vegetables on the slices.
- Move the stuffed slices off the stove and then place another slice of the bread on the prepared slice and gently press it.
- So, delicious sandwiches for a super lunch are ready.
The nutritional value of this recipe is such that it provides about 320 kcal of energy per serving of a single sandwich. It also gives you about 12 g of proteins, 35 g of carbohydrates and 14g of fat. It also provides you with 4 g of fiber, 191 mg of cholesterol and 454 mg of sodium. And it is a high protein dish for your lunch and brunch snack.
So in the light of the above discussion sandwiches can be a perfect choice to start the day as breakfast, lunch or brunch snacks. This hard-boiled egg sandwich is a sumptuous recipe for the lunch with the bread slices, hard-boiled eggs, and vegetable salads. A pinch of salt and pepper gives the sandwich an energetic and spicy taste. Trying this recipe in your kitchen will be an awful experience for you.