How make tres leches cake
How to make tres leches cake Step by step
Introduction to tres laches cake
So in this article, I will show you how to make tres laches cake. Tres leches are usually known as the three kinds of milk cake that is a famous American dessert. It is the form of either sponge cake or butter cake. It is usually made up of three kinds of milk that are; evaporated milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream. When in the Tres leches, butter us not used, it gives a very light consistency. It is soaked in the mixture of the three kinds of milk.
Tres leches tend to usually have the Medieval Europian origin. But the soaked cakes desserts trend was common in Mexico that is usually the result of cultural-mixing of Europe and America. It has been popular in central and south America, North America, Caribbean and some other parts of Europe. Tre’s leches cake has also been recently popular in turkey that usually uses the cow’s milk, goat’s milk, and water buffalo’s milk but a mixture of cow’s milk and cream is more common. In this article, the discussion will be about the recipe for Tre’s leches cake along with its nutritive value.
Video how to make tres leches cake
Recipe how to make tres leches cake
Ingredients for how to make tres leches cake
- 3 large eggs in the separated form
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- And 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ¾ cup of whole milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the cream topping:
- Take 14 ounces can of evaporated milk but use ½ of it
- Use the ½ of the 14 ounces can of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- About 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 to 3 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- Take 1 ripe mango and use about half of it. Take it in the form that it is thinly sliced, peeled and seed removed.
- Use ½ of the ripened papaya in a form that it is peeled, sliced and seeds removed.
Directions for the procedure for how to make tres leches cake
- First of all, preheat the oven up to about 350 degrees F.
- Grease the baking-dish lightly that is about 9 and 13 inches and then keep it on aside.
- Take an electric mixer and then in a bowl mix and beat the egg white at low speed until they form soft peaks. Now while beating the egg whites, slowly add the granulated sugar into it, with the running mixer and beat until the stiff peaks are formed.
- Add the egg yolks one by one and beat well after the addition of each yolk.
- Now, mix the flour with the baking powder and then add to the egg mixture, alternating with the milk (add the milk quickly so that the volume of the batter is not lost). Add the vanilla extract and bake it until it is golden fresh for about 25 minutes.
- For making the cream topping; take a blender and add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, and the heavy cream into it and blend well at high speed.
- Remove the cake from the oven and while it is warm, pour the cream mixture on the top of the cake. Now leave it to cool at room temperature.
- Chill the cake well for about overnight or 4 hours at a minimum.
- When the cake is totally chilled; now in a saucepan mix the water and the sugar. Heat them until boiling.
- Now reduce the flame and stir the mixture so that the sugar dissolved.
- Cook the mixture at about 235 to 240 degrees F until the mixture reaches the softball stage. After that, remove it from heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. While beating the egg whites, add the hot syrup in a stream.
- Beat until all the syrup added. Then cool it and icing form.
- Now, remove the cake from the refrigerator and spread the icing over its top.
- Garnish the cake with the mango and papaya slices and then serve the delicious Tres leches cake.
The serving size of this cake is about 5 servings.
For 1 serving size of 124 g, the energy provision is about 326 kcal that contains about the 138 kcal from fats. It also provides you along with the proteins, vitamins A and C, potassium, sodium, calcium, and iron, etc./