It is named as grilled cheese but inside it lies the grilled cheese sandwich. It is a type of hot sandwich that often made up of different types of cheeses and tastes yummy and cheesy. The cheese usually cooked on the bread slices and then mended into the sandwich form. The state from where it is thought to be originated in the light of history is the America or the United States. Its cooking method is such that the bread slices having in between the cheese content are fried on a skillet with the heated and melted butter.
These grilled sandwiches can also be cooked on the griddle, frying pan or the sandwich toaster until the bread has turned crispy, golden and the cheese has got melted. But the most common method of grilled cheese cooking is through grilling. There are some variations in the grilled cheese due to the varying additional ingredients such as tuna salad or ham used in its preparation. In this article, the discussion will be about the recipe for the grilled cheese and nutritional value.
This recipe of the Grilled Cheese would yield about 8 servings.
The total time required for this recipe of Grilled Cheese is 25 minutes including 10 minutes of preparation and 15 minutes of cooking.
The main ingredients for the grilled cheese include the bread and the cheese but the ingredients other than these are also important and include butter, margarine, and mayonnaise.
- 12 tablespoons of butter, softened or melted, divided
- 16 slices of the sourdough bread
- 6 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 cup of the white cheddar cheese, shredded or grated
- And 1 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese, shredded or grated
- 1 cup of the Gruyere cheese, shredded or grated
- 8 ounces of the Brie cheese, peeled and sliced
Directions for the procedure:
Step by step instructions for the preparation of the grilled cheese is as follows:
- First of all, take all the bread slices and on one side of each bread slice, apply about 6 tablespoons of butter on them.
- Heat the large skillet on the stove and heat the butter side down on the heated skillet on the medium-low heat until the bread is turned golden and crispy for about 2 to 3 minutes. You can also brown the bread in an electric griller or the electric toaster.
- Remove the browned bread slices from the skillet and put it on aside. Then take a small bowl and mix all the cheese and other ingredients such as mayonnaise, onion powder, parmesan cheese, and the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter.
- In another small bowl, combine together the cheddar, Monterey Jack and the Gruyere cheeses.
- Now prepare the sandwiches. Place the Brie slices of the cheese on the toasted or butter side and then followed by the cheddar cheeses mixture which is further followed by another toasted bread slice with its buttered side inward.
- Apply the mayonnaise mixture on the outer surface of each sandwich and then you can grill or cook them in a skillet until the cheese melts for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve the delicious grilled cheese with great taste and aroma.
The nutritional value of this recipe for the Grilled cheese is such that per serving it provides you about:
659 kcal of energy along with 30 g of carbohydrates, 24 g of proteins and 49 g of fats. It also provides you with 27 g of saturated fat, 122 mg of cholesterol. And 1 g of fiber, 18 % of Vitamin A, 1017 mg of Sodium, 3 g of sugar. And 50 % of calcium and 12 % of iron.
So, in the light of the above discussion Grilled cheese named simply as it but inside it lies the grilled cheese sandwich. It is a type of hot sandwich. That often made up of different types of cheeses and tastes yummy and cheesy. The cheese usually cooked on the bread slices and then mended into the sandwich form. Its place of origin is the United States. This article recipe of the grilled cheese Sandwich would really help you when you would cook it in your kitchen.