FRESH TUNA “DON VASTIANO”
It’s time for fresh tuna. And to those who talk to me about sushi, I answer that in Sicilian cuisine there are plenty of raw fish dishes. And certainly better than the Japanese ones (which – I must be honest – leave me completely indifferent). This dish includes, in fact, raw tuna (I recommend the tuna must be very fresh precisely because it must be eaten raw). The recipe is typical of the area of Marzamemi and Portopalo di Capo Passero. It was given to me by a local fisherman, Don Vastiano (Sebastiano), it is very fresh and excellent, Very quick to prepare, I recommend it for a summer dinner, possibly accompanied by a nice glass of Corvo Oniris (a blend of Grillo and Inzolia).
- 400 gr fresh tottno fillet
- 250 gr potatoes
- 100 gr red onion
- 100 gr cucumbers
- extra virgin olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- ground black pepper
- First, slice the onion finely and soak it in a bowl with fresh water for at least 8 hours.
- Boil the potatoes taking care that, even when cooked, they remain firm. Let them cool and then cut them into slices and put them in a salad bowl.
- Clean and cut the cucumbers into slices and add them to the potatoes.
- Finally, with a sharp knife cut the tuna into cubes.
- Combine it with the other ingredients and dress the salad with olive oil, vinegar, salt and a sprinkle of pepper.
- Leave the dish to rest for at least two hours in the refrigerator and serve cold.